MapVote coming?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ajax, i seriusly think that with AS-Rocketcommand, As-Coldsteel put in , this league would very much enjoy it and the change in maps.

When i think about assault, i mean the old days, my most fond memories of playing with the oldsk00lers was deffinitly from as-coldsteel, it was such a fun map and great for gaining the frags.

It was on demon NL custom maps, people would vote that map over and over again back then.

your reading me wrong i want coldsteel but it needs fixing first (hence why i surgested teleports) i too remember many happy 56k days playing this map, never beena fan of rocketcommand but if the new version is playable i anit gonna moan about it, but someone fix crashsite fs that map used to own !!

TBH even with the small bugs i would enjoy it more than sub lol.

Even if the person hammer jumps over, doesnt mean they can complete whole map, they have to hit both switches left and right first.

Any defender can easily hammer over and prevent this. This wasnt the problem i was mentioning. Was more the problem that at the VERY end.

Long stretch of snow, when the attacker gets near that huge robot that looks like something out of starwars if an enemy dies, they dont spawn behind the attacker, but further forward.

This leaves the attacker a clear attack to final (however once he enteres the ship it opens a new spawn for both attackers and defenders) so its not completly undefendable.

Problem is that people need to defend that large area of snow before the final spawn as its the hardest to breach. Meaning once the final base entered, match wont last that much longer.

Summing up, doesnt mean map is undefendable, the pic above of us defending shows that as well. Just means if your unlucky that the bug of spawning right at the back doesnt work when an attacker is that far forward the map will finish quicker.

Example is siege][. If main doors opened, and attackers are near the final, u keep suiciding to hope a good spawn. This is like the problem on coldsteel, however the ratio isnt nearly as bad, u dont have to suicide 20 times to hope a good spawn :P

actually there is about 5 players around who will play atm on the #coldsteel room i made.

If u want come join now, that goes to anyone. (also tonight 20gmt) but why not now if people are ready :D

Even if the person hammer jumps over, doesnt mean they can complete whole map, they have to hit both switches left and right first.

erm i was on about a differant one, after fence goes if you dont get the switch's but instead hammer though the window on left then thats when the spawns are fucked as the hanger dont open defense dont get to spawn awhere but before the hanger. Try it your see iam right, this why haveing a room like the one done on geko...al with all the defensive spawns points in it would solve it as you could chose to spawn back and get the jumper that way.

1.) crashsite has been fixed automatically through leagueas (at least last time i played it online, the hammerjump to tower and going through teleporter wasnt possible if u mean that bug)

2.) Coldsteel Pwnz, fix the spawny bugs and u have a great league map

3.) Saqqara pwns aswell, its bugfree and good playable for 6vs6 ffs it was already in league, its a league map ready to play
(i know it crashed sometimes, what i heard, but well did not happen often or?)

4.) AS-RocketCommandSE is also almost ready to use

5.) As-Bioassault is also ready, u just need to fix the tunnel breach point (just put crates left and right) and remove autocannons + other weapon placement

6) snowdunes is ready to go

7) other maps: manticore, gekokujou, research

8) what about scarab?

we have a real big choice
and it doesnt amtter which map u bring, you cant satisfy all ppl here so bring em all in :)

i dont like all of them aswell, but they are all optimized for league and absolutely playable and nice imo

Last edited:
{24}Useless said:
Lex you're typing as spectator - no-one can see you.

FFS.. i think you are right =\

Lex_Mortis said:
Everybody (dis)likes certain maps... but if a map is bugfree, why not make a mapvote and let the clanreps vote for it? (could an admin give me this answer plz? :) )

Cmon admins..... answer ffs...

The way I see it atm:
Everyone hates certain maps, which other people love. Same goes other way around..
Atm, even if the mayority of the league likes a map and kinda "demand a mapvote" (example: geko.).. the admins will just ignore that.
And at this rate I prolly dont get an answer about "why not a mapvote on bugfree maps?" because there is not a good answer. Because why would you be against extra bugfree maps? Sure you need to learn more, but thats a bollox reason.
Same goes for:
Spammy -> Why guardia then?
Too short -> Why Frigate then?
Too long -> Why bridge then? (I know it can be fairly short.. but this is deffo one of the longer maps)

Could some league admin please have the fucking decency to reply? thx in advance...

As it is about 1 hour before i host the server for some custom maps (old ones), let me say the details here again.

IRC UTA network, channel #Coldsteel (even though its not only coldsteel but people are still idling there so no point changing now).

Maps in rotation are: ColdSteel, Coldersteel (to see the differences, personally i believe coldersteel is better version of the 2), Crashsite and possibly Rocketcommand.

For those that dont use irc, ip is : 213.230.203.105:8000 pass=maptest

If you dont have the map, look for it on www.nalicity.com

nali doesnt have coldersteel, so i uploaded it to my webspace:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~aryant/coldersteel.rar

Hopefully there is a few people around for the test, btw, if people dont know the map, doesnt help, would be good if people took a look at the map offline before joining tonight otherwise people will hate the map instantly.

Cya later!

McNeill said:
ajax, i seriusly think that with AS-Rocketcommand, As-Coldsteel put in , this league would very much enjoy it and the change in maps.

When i think about assault, i mean the old days, my most fond memories of playing with the oldsk00lers was deffinitly from as-coldsteel, it was such a fun map and great for gaining the frags.

It was on demon NL custom maps, people would vote that map over and over again back then.

That's so true ! =)

McNeil I remember playing you on As-coldsteel, 56k on 56k... Seem to recall it being close :p

Those were the good old days, but I think long since gone!

Tim

why is always someone mentioning some mepas cant enter league cos its not "instagib assault" worthy. Add few maps for ias and some for stdas. Some maps u dont think fit for ias but fits for stdas shouldnt put that map against entering league cos someone says it's not a ias map.

i wanna see as-grandcanyon in, fkin ownage map imo, i wanna see more maps with the damage amp too, maybe a few redeemers for some new advanced 'super-launching©'

finally get rid of the utter bollox that is guardia, oceanshite, autoshite, and desowank

autoshite isnt that bad, but there are a load of dodgy bugs in it, some i exploit a lot to win games quickly, others r a real pain the arse like dying suddenly for no reason on rail tracks or being hit by trains that aren't even there

munkZ said:
i wanna see as-grandcanyon in, fkin ownage map imo, i wanna see more maps with the damage amp too, maybe a few redeemers for some new advanced 'super-launching©'

finally get rid of the utter bollox that is guardia, oceanshite, autoshite, and desowank

autoshite isnt that bad, but there are a load of dodgy bugs in it, some i exploit a lot to win games quickly, others r a real pain the arse like dying suddenly for no reason on rail tracks or being hit by trains that aren't even there

true autorip suxxxxxxxxxxxxx :moon:
deso suxxxxxxxxxxxxx :moon:
sub suxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +/- :yipee:

but COLDSTEEL are nice map :Xmasgrin:

McNeill said:
Heres a really old picture.

Me, konnan, dominion (was tnt, happy guy i think his name was), and Fluideye.

ShockComboBitch was in -8-? wtf lol didnt know that :o