Link your accounts!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to report a bug of the clan pages. Donno if it belongs here but i donno who to report this.
Today i spotted new modifications in the display of the clan page memberz.

In ADC clanpage for example u have a player "marshall" considered inactive, now the problem is the very same player is considered "unlinked" in the tabs display... HUH?

Its just the first page i look at and already spotted an issue ! (like last time when history feature had been introduced :/)

New admin/dev team, u dont have to hurry that much !!!! IMO a feature just developped and not even tested through isnt an interesting addition !

Last edited:
i wonder how players banned from forum are gonna do this :P its not like i know GRZ is coming back orso ;>

Last edited:
I think it's nice all of this,

but how come if you say forum and league are very diffrent from each other, forum and league admins have pointed this out before, that you are now forcing ppl to signup on the forums also. Why isn't signing up on the UTA page enough? What is the reason behind it?

Sure almost everyone signs up at the forums, but some also don't have the need to be on the forums. So why would they sign up if they just want to play ;)

I'm just wondering about that

Last edited:
Popioul said:
I want to report a bug of the clan pages. Donno if it belongs here but i donno who to report this.
Today i spotted new modifications in the display of the clan page memberz.

In ADC clanpage for example u have a player "marshall" considered inactive, now the problem is the very same player is considered "unlinked" in the tabs display... HUH?

Its just the first page i look at and already spotted an issue ! (like last time when history feature had been introduced :/)

New admin/dev team, u dont have to hurry that much !!!! IMO a feature just developped and not even tested through isnt an interesting addition !
As MyM mentioned, this isn't a bug. It's how it's supposed to be displayed.
In one-tab view inactive accounts will be president over unlinked accounts. In two-tab view where you can clearly see who's inactive or not, there is no need to emphasize this, therefore those with unlinked accounts are shown as unlinked.

The point in your example is; marshall is unlinked and inactive, in normal view, since he is inactive, there is no real need to highlight him being unlinked, since there is no urgency to rectify that. Two-tab view (as originally designed) will show any unlinked accounts in the inactive list however - this is why I put the option there :rolleyes:

What was the issue "last time"? I don't seem to remember an issue, maybe just that people don't understand the logic behind the page really.

Maybe you missed the actual addition to the page though? :stupid:

Zyx said:
i wonder how players banned from forum are gonna do this :P its not like i know GRZ is coming back orso ;>
If you are banned from the forum it makes no difference from your ability / inability to log in.

Last edited:
can't u make it so that future signups will automatically be redirected to the forums and make a (linked account) to the uta leaguesite awell? saves sum trouble for newbies I think :p

yea, i mean new clans won't read the forums, and after a few months the post about the auth system will be gone off the front page, so uber confusion could occur!

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
If you are banned from the forum it makes no difference from your ability / inability to log in.[/QUOTE]

would you link a banned acc forum to your UTA profile or rather have a active one :)

btw what anni said is a nice point out when you signup you also have to link your account.
that would help a little

but still if you want the forums and league to be seperate why register twice forum and uta?

Last edited:
Reactions: Despise
haha, Alpha now known as alf ? :hide:
like that dude, the artist formely known as prince :D
so forum account changes your name if its not the same as the player account?

yes, the league name will be adjusted to the forum name. Can be changed anytime though. Just contact a forum admin.

my m8 mario (Neill - > http://www.utassault.net/players/playerinfo.php?playerid=2485 and http://forums.utassault.net/member.php?u=2662 ) can't link his account :/

he is in UKS since 06/09/2004, used to b inactive, but now he is active again
he hadn't got a forum account, so we created one together...just a few mins ago....I've tried to link his account and it appeared the following error:

ERROR: Another player account is already linked to the forum account you have specified. You cannot link 2 player accounts to the same forum account.

...we just created the forum account o_0 ?

what can we do :X ?

thx in advance :(

Looks like he/you ticked the "Create new league account" box on forum signup and thus created himself a new league account (I thought that was pretty self explanitary :P).

I've linked it to the correct account now.

Status
Not open for further replies.