LeagueAS136 Test2 (Last one, hopefully)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
Change log:
  • Added a few more built in tweaks like removing sparks, chips, mini tracers, shells, etc.
  • Improved 2D items; texture quality linked to world texture detail level; included as emoticons to use in game.
    :2darmor: :2dhammer: :2dripper: ...
  • Added small textures of all the weapons/ammo/items to use in game too.
    :sarmor: :shammer: :sripper: ...
  • Two new death message types eligible from menus: 1 including the small textures mentioned ^^ , 1 simplified text like killer >>]weapon[>> killed
  • Spectators can see the weapon, fragcount, ammocount and armor of the client they are watching.
  • Improved team balance for public games.
  • Minigun power made identical to the original on TR 20 (server #5); slightly raised at TR 30 (what server #4 always used during 136 tests, as it seemed a bit weak).
  • Fixed 'lag on rockets' related with switchweapon/throwweapon problems online. Added a fix for invisible rockets / reduce netload.
  • Fixed "black textures" on some maps (my fault).
  • Fixed 'random' kicks on clean clients on the previus beta (my fault 2 :hide: )
  • Polished tweaks control.
Remember to update anemote.ini (included in the main zip) and Anemote1.utx to use the new icons/textures.

Downloads:

• Download the texture: Anemote1.utx (Updated again!) Extract into your UT's Texture folder, overwrite previous version.
  • Download the Package: LeagueAS136Test2 Extract all the files into your UT's System folder, overwrite when asked.
(SP) is not included, you can't run a server with this version.

Play it online:

League Server #4 (StdAS, TR 28-30) , League Server #5 (StdAS, TR 20) , League Server #6 (iAS, TR 35) and 2v2 Server #5 are running it right now.

If you played previous beta(s):

.... and you wish to keep your settings, open your user.ini file and rename all the sections like this:

[LeagueAS136betaX.xxxxxxxxxx] => change to => [LeagueAS136Test2.xxxxxxxxxx]

- Delete all the files from previous 136 betas from your UT's system folder (LeagueAS136betaX.u & .int).

-

Last edited:
Btw, cheat protection seems to be properly tuned now, = would be safe to use this version in league games :wow:

(if results bug-free)

We'll see ;)

Seven: not yet and not sure if they'll be in. A small discussion about it would help.

Apex: ¿? Works here. Uploaded again, retry.

What would be reall cool is if you could say "At %location% near %ojective% with %sweapon%

... with %sweapon% displaying the smiley icon for the weapon you're holding :)

Right humph, atm it will override your own tweaks for kill msgs.
I made the alt. short messages in like... 10 mins before posting the beta :p
Will be easy to add more options &/or allow your own kill msg tweaks when you select "default" type.

nowt wrong with the death messages, I just want a way of saying "%sweapon%" and have it show the smilie/icon assosciated with the weapon I have for teammates to see.

so I can press "s", which currently gives things like "At Outside, near Generator, with 100 health! Using Minigun with 132 ammo!"

and instead, get something like "At Outside, near Generator, with 100 health! Using :mingun: with 132 ammo!"

Erm, for a n00b like me, who dont wanna fiddle with anything... I have one question, when this thingie goes final, i just download and install it, thats all? (like the old versions) I have nothing to setup, config or any other "better-dont-mess-around-with-or-all-goes-worse" stuff?

Soz Humph I misread.

Anyway... NO MORE FEATURES PLEASE :banghead: We'd like to release this year lol :)
(Actually, this upcoming month)

May take a look at that one but can't promise anything ^^

pooph said:
I have one question, when this thingie goes final, i just download and install it, thats all?

No, you just join the server and play.
Download+client install is to have menus but you don't need them if you're not gonna fiddle with settings.

i asked it ya before psy on server 4 last night.... maybe add a small box to make ur own custom short killing messages!!

coz tbh >>]minigun[>> is kinda gay

Damn right mate short msg boxs that should be included and hopfully not take to long to do :D

Seven dicked Snee with his long green shaft :plasma:

Seven raped Snee with his 1337 :mingun:

Seven did the flak flak flak on Snee :flack:

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychotic said:
  • Two new death message types eligible from menus: 1 including the small textures mentioned ^^ , 1 simplified text like killer >>]weapon[>> killed

Is that the only 2 death msg's you can choose from? if so can you add simpler one's other than those stupid symbols ([]<<>>] to something like %k : %w : %o, I prefer it this way as they are supposed to be 'simpler' death message's,ty.