LeagueAS Demo Recorder (Beta) Released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Ok this one is just beta, its complete and working, but doesn't have a nice menu for config yet.

It needs to be installed on both the server and the client (both will work ok without it, but recording wont work unless both have it installed). It also requires League Assault v135c (or newer) to be installed on the server.

An updated LeagueAS-SP to bring League Assault up to version 135c can be downloaded from the web site (required for servers only).

The demo recorder can be downloaded here: http://downloads.infinitegames.co.uk/mods/LeagueAS-DemoRecorder(v1.0beta).zip

To install the demo recorder on a server, extract the file from the zip and put it in the server UT/System directory, then add the following 2 lines under [Engine.GameEngine]:

ServerActors=LeagueAS-DemoRecorder.DemoRec_Server
ServerPackages=LeagueAS-DemoRecorder

Obviously this is only designed for servers on which matches are played (clan / league servers) and shouldn't be installed on public servers.

To install the demo recorder on a client system, extract the file from the zip and put it in the server UT/System directory, then add the following section to the bottom of your User.ini:

[LeagueAS-DemoRecorder.DemoRec_Client]
bAutoDemoRecording=true
bAutoRecordMatchesOnly=true
FileNameFormat="[%DATE%][%TIME%][%TEAMA%v%TEAMB%][%MAP%]"

Remove all spaces at the end of your ini lines after pasting! :) (CS)

You may configure any of the options to suit your needs, the options are as follows:

bAutoDemoRecording - Set to true to enable auto demo recording, if false no demos will be recorded.
bAutoRecordMatchesOnly - Set to true and only matches will be recorded, false and ALL games will be recorded (NOT recommended).
FileNameFormat - The format the filename takes, valid parameters are: %DATE%, %TIME%, %TEAMA%, %TEAMB% & %MAP%.

Bug reporting: If it fails to record any demos (or only records some demos) please check everything is setup correctly as above first (and double check that the server your using has it installed too). If your sure that everything is correct then please report any bugs to [email protected], please check your ut.log file for any "LeagueASDemoRecorder" entries to report along with any bug reports.

oh and as of later on tonight this will be installed on utassault.net League Servers #1 & #2 (but not the others during the beta phase).

Originally posted by Phear
To install the demo recorder on a client system, extract the file from the zip and put it in the server UT/System directory, then add the following section to the bottom of your User.ini:

bAutoDemoRecording=true

Well done Phear!

How about some addition if u know who was attacking/defending on the Demo first? Maybe put %TEAMA% first when they are attacking and when the round switches, put %TEAMB% first...

Otherwise u have 2 "nearly" same Demos, u only can differentiate (sp?) between those, because u have a different time for the demo, but u dont know if it was attack or defense :)

Nice one! :thumb:

Does this mean clans will be able to get server side demos after a league match? Will there be download links for these?

*Hopes and prays that is what this means!*

:D

No.
Its an addon for LeagueAS so that you can record your matches client side without any hassle whatsoever. i.e. completly automated after you install it.

Atm not many people record demos, I know when I used to be bothered I always missed the odd map. Binds and stuff to start them off are akward, but this new addon will do everything for you.

Originally posted by Phear
bAutoDemoRecording=true

FileNameFormat - The format the filename takes, valid parameters are: %DATE%, %TIME%, %TEAMA%, %TEAMB% & %MAP%.
Shouldn´t the FileNameFormat look like this:

FileNameFormat="[%DATE%][%TIME%][%TEAMA%]v[%TEAMB%][%MAP%]"

Would this line work aswell?

FileNameFormat="[%TEAMA%]vs[%TEAMB%]-[%DATE%]-[%TIME%]-[%MAP%]"

Doesn't matter proph, all 3 of those are fine.

%DATE% %TIME% %TEAMA% %TEAMB% %MAP%

are the variables which it subsitutes with the information from the game when it records. the square brackets are the constant parts of the filename, could use normal brackets, or no brackets however you want to format it. :) Just like a teamsay bind using the %AMMO% etc variables. Even mp3 irc scripts use the same principal and everyone can configure them ok... :\

"[%DATE%][%TIME%][%TEAMA%v%TEAMB%][%MAP%]"
[2002-8-21][20-28-00][SUYMvNRG][AS-Mazon].dem

"[%TEAMA%]vs[%TEAMB%]-[%DATE%]-[%TIME%]-[%MAP%]"
[SUYM]vs[NRG]-[2002-8-21][20-28-00]-[AS-Mazon].dem

"SquirrelsIdeaRocks-%TEAMA%-vs-%TEAMB%-[%DATE%]-[%TIME%]-[%MAP%]"
SquirrelsIdeaRocks-SUYM-vs-NRG-[2002-8-21][20-28-00]-[AS-Mazon].dem

You can change the file name format to whatever you like so long as it does not include any invalid filename characters (off the top of myhead those are \ / ?* | < > ).

I will be adding a %SERVER% tag and a directory name format option for the final version too.

Was playing on S#1 a bit, but the Thingie dont record any Demos...

I put this in my User.ini:
bAutoDemoRecording=True
bAutoRecordMatchesOnly=False
FileNameFormat="[%TEAMA%]-vs-[%TEAMB%]-[%DATE%]-[%TIME%]-[%MAP%]"

The File "LeagueAS-DemoRecorder.u" is in my UT/System Folder.

Here´s the LogFile: (It only says "LeagueASDemoRecorder: Spawning Demo Recording Client."

If you have bAutoRecordMatchesOnly set to false it should record all games. The log entry would indicate that it loaded ok but the option to auto record isn't set. I can't check it out atm cos I'm @ work, but it was recording on S1 last night when I tested it :\

Think I know what the problem is, you have spaces after your ini lines.

Remove all spaces at the end of your ini lines! :)

Should work fine then (does for me):
[2002-08-22][15-57-28][RedvBlue][AS-Riverbed]l[AL].dem
[Red]-vs-[Blue]-[2002-08-22]-[15-59-36]-[AS-Riverbed]l[AL].dem

pld cs that was on mine also one of the hassles of just being lazy and using copy and paste, and pld Phear this makes leagueas probaly the best ut mod ever imo now :D now i can record demos while being lazy enough not to have to type or bind them :D

suggestion for next version:

add %gametype% or %type% which inserts "proAS"/"stdAS"/"iAS"

edit:
and another suggestion (but dunno if its possible)

- start demorecording when the 10secs-countdown of a round starts

- stop demo 3 secs after the round has ended

Last edited: