League Mod 1.30a crashes comp at map starts

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaMpY

Jan 31, 2002
UK
Had this problem since new league mod came out so i think this is the cause......it also lead to an incredible poor match verses R-C
at the very start of a map the Dos Box (sorry forgot what its called,but its the place u can type preferences and commands) pops up and UT freezes which is v.hard to get out of without resetting entire computer. It also happens after the team balancing resumes after the league mod decides there is an even number of players. Combine both of these and there were players crashing out of match all the time :/
With this Mod now being used on the public Orange server it also happens there :/
Has the problem been fixed and Orange are just running an old Mod or if anyone knows of a fix please post

Thx :bounce:

at the very start of a map the Dos Box (sorry forgot what its called,but its the place u can type preferences and commands) pops up and UT freezes

Sounds like CSHP detecting a cheat.

It also happens after the team balancing resumes after the league mod decides there is an even number of players.

LeagueAS has no team balancing features.

Thx for quick reply

nevermind about the team balancing bit then as the server wasnt a league server, we had to borrow another clans due to league server not set up :\
only thing i can think of phear is this
C=menucmd 2 1
which takes me too the player setup menu..so i can change team
is this a cheat?
only got hammer bind and teamsay binds so im stuck if it aint
:\

Lmk what league servers you've played on and at what time and ill check the logs to see if and why CSHP has kicked you.

wasnt on league server 4 the R-C match phear as i said
happy to say last 2 matches ive played have been fine, but has happen twice now on the Orange public server ( in as many days)running the league Mod...no problems so far on servers like jolt not running Mod
but ill let u know if it happens on league server
if anyone else got any ideas plz post thx

Took u some time to find out 3D :P
The match was pld 1 month ago. We booked a league server for 14.00 GMT, but server wasn't set up and no admin was availible, so we asked AAK if we could use their server. Tyrant was so kind to set it up, but somehow there was this autopause every map, when teams were uneven, which happend a lot. I guess 3D means that with team balancing.
I remember this crazy match, because I had a hangover from the day before :beer: and pld with terrible headache. :D

I know this freezen console at the beginning of a map :P
but it happens to me on jolts, too!

In addition I can remember that it happened to me ~3 times in a league match sometimes ago :throw:

hmm if have the problem what 3D has on our server:(
(with the league Mod running).
Some fact's:

1.many ppl of my clans has the same problem(incl. me) but they all have a AMD proccesor, ppl with a Pentium they have np.

2.Look at this pick, here Pro Pain wanna join the server and get kick out and his system hangs in dos box.
It's a pick from our server console.
vaag.GIF

( soz for the big pick )

Very strange things, so maybe somebody know's what going on ???

Zork

Thats a standard CSHP kick which can occur...

CSHP has a special console that get's linked in at runtime. Each frame it checks to verify it's console is still in control. If it's not, you get that message.

Some possible innocent reasons for it occuring:
  • Player lagged out or was disconnected.
  • Switching fullscreen/windowed mode
  • Something else like player setup

we had same prob on our server. When running the normal cshp and leagueas with it's cshp it wont go.. Everyone going on the server crashes :S

i really mean everyone on ours

Fixed it with turning off the normal cshp when running leagueAS ..
pain in the ass tho

oh our msg was almost similar to zork's except for the msg was not connected to the player it was not connected to the console or sth i think lol cant remember right now

Same sort of thing afaik... better answer would be found in the CSHP forums.

But yes, very very highly recommended to use the integrated LeagueAS CSHP and not the seperate normal CSHP. And if u do try to run both CSHPs at the same time u'll have a nightmare of a time. :P

yeah you gotta disable normal CSHP to make it work, else both CSHPs will detect each other and make the server spec-only (cos CSHP doesnt check on specs and therefore they wont get kicked)

ini.file

Plz somebody look 2 my UT.ini of the server.
I think no CSHP is on only the 1 form leagueAS ..

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
#ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerQuery
#ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
#ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
#ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=LeagueAS-SP.ServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
#ServerPackages=UTPureRC5b.UTPureSA
#ServerPackages=UTPureRC5b
#ServerPackages=CSHP40
#ServerActors=CSHP40.CSHPServerActor
ServerPackages=LeagueAS-CP

Tnx Zork

#ServerPackages=UTPureRC5b.UTPureSA
#ServerPackages=UTPureRC5b
#ServerPackages=CSHP40
#ServerActors=CSHP40.CSHPServerActor
ServerPackages=LeagueAS-CP

could these get in each other's way maybe ? like the normal and LeagueAS CSHP dont like each other at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.