League Assault 129 Public Beta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Ok its finally ready for public beta. Sorry it took such a long time from my previous announcement but I've been adding feature after feature, fix after fix and tweak after tweak and it seemed like it was never gonna reach an end :\ Anyway I've finally reached a point where its ready for public testing, 130 will be the next full release, but unlike I said in my previous announcement you can bet yer a$$ it wont be the final version of League Assault :D

So whats new? Ermmm quite a bit, and I just hope I can remember it all :)

The biggest change from a code standpoint is that League Assault now comes in three packages rather than one, although this wont effect most of you it's a helluva change to the under the bonnet workings of the thing.

Those 3 packages are:

Server Side Package (LeagueAS-SP): Installed and runs only on the server. Contains code only required on the server, but in addition allows for updates to League Assault without the need for a new client download. Of course not everything can be changed on the server side, but a lot can, specifically map changes / fixes CAN be changed server side.

Main Package (LeagueAS129): Installed and runs on the server and client. Contains the majority of League Assault code. Will download from the server to the client if the client doesn't have it.

Client Side Package (LeagueAS-CP): Installed on the server & client but only runs on the client (has to be installed on the server to ensure the client can download the file if they don't have it). Contains all the client side settings for League Assault (ensuring that settings will now be carried from one version of League Assault to the next). Also contains the code for the new League Assault menu options and a browser window.

Appart from the above structural changes we've got a host of new features and fixes for ya:

- ngstats compatibility with the standard Assault Gametype.
- Gamespy / Browser compatibility with the standard Assault Gametype.
- bServerNameScore setting appends the server status to the servers name (and score in a match) in the same way the bAdminNameScore shows the status as the admin name.
- * Shown next to the names of those who have clicked when the server is in tournament mode or match mode.
- Client Side Options window to set all of League Assaults options in a user friendly GUI interface.
- Integrated League Assault Browser.
- Change Teams Cheat fixed.
- Completing a map after the time has run out bug fixed.
- Added who completed an objective for IRC reporting.
- Allow Display of elapsed time on the Extended HUD instead of Remaining Time.
- Warning when Spawn Protection wears off.
- Flashing Health Status on HUD when spawn protection is active.
- Fixed Invisible players bug by preventing Commanders joining a game under any circumstances.
- Registered Player Name, Clan & Password handling for future anti-mercing systems, in addition League Assault will automatically use any Name & Clan tag settings during a match, overriding the standard playername.
- Anti-Hammer Launch, Anti-Rocket Launch and MapVoting mutators built into the Server Package.
- Additions to the built in CSHP:
- CenterView tracking, with suicide of abusers.
- Admin, Moderator & God mode status tracking.

I *think* that is about it :) I'll amend the list if I think of anything that needs to added ( so sue me for not keeping proper documentation :p: ).

The version number is now in the form XXXx Where XXX is the main package revision and the x is the server side packages sub revision number. The current release is of course 129a :)

The Server & Main packages are not publically available yet, and wont be until version 130. The main package will of course download from any servers you join.

You can download the BETA client package here : Client Package

This will of course auto download from the server if you don't already have it, but if you do it this way you wont be able to access the client options window or use the built in browser.

SERVERS:

213.112.198.15:7777 Pass: leagueastest (-=]NRG[=- Swedish Server)
193.35.135.107:7757 Pass: none (Orange LeagueAS League Maps Server)

Note on the client package's built in browser.

Firstly if you have the LeagueASBrowser installed, remove it first.

Secondly since it has no installer yet, you'll have to modify your .ini manually first to get it to work properly (if you don't do it, no big deal you'll just have the standard Assault browser tab):

Open UnrealTournament.ini.

Find the [UBrowserAS] Section and make sure it looks exactly like this:

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=LeagueAS-CP.AS_Browser,GameType=Assault
ListFactories[1]=LeagueAS-CP.AS_Browser,GameType=LeagueAssault

(The ListFactories[1] is for compatibility with older versions of League Assault).

- Admin, Moderator & God mode status tracking.
Does this mean u can't be admin after match has started ?

We had some problems with this recently when some1 joined with admin pass and was on wrong team

Shot0021.JPG

Err? I´m doing something wrong, or is it not implemented yet? :rolleyes:

Ace: No it doesn't mean that, it means if some1 is logged in as admin, moderator or is invincible you'll get a bloody great warning as you'll see :)

Proph: Well spotted, I took that command out and have forgotten to take that line out :\ Guess thats what public testing is for :)

If you want to access the options window, download the client package as I said :)

harhar brave

i dunno what that was but that rocket-assault stuff in our match was funny :D

but i suppose it had nothing to do with the leagueAS mod :)

did u forget to take out "rocket arena" mutator or what was the prob? :)

²hardcore some ass before was playin rockelaunch arena

and he didnt turn off
normally if somebody do what he turns off
sorry for that butprob was away in 1min so :P