League as 135c

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa`

Don't Fear The Reaper!
Apr 2, 2002
UK
is ermm got some problems playing on the jolt servers and sam is back aimbotting switching teams.. all the old tricks like completeing overlord by switching teams..

on several maps he uses this...

its been said in the other thread I think, but things like leagueAS are never immune to byte hacking. sad ppl who do it.

Originally posted by Nephilim
its been said in the other thread I think, but things like leagueAS are never immune to byte hacking. sad ppl who do it.

I'm sure you are right, but it strikes me as a problem with UT's architecture... :(

Sounds like a classic PKI problem, an there are 101 solutions for those sorts of things.

I'm not gonna waste my energy trying to keep up with some1 who is out to hack LeagueAS, unfortunately I don't have the time :( If you want secure protection I suggest you disable LeagueAS's built in CSHP and use UTPure, although that isn't unhackable either it is harder and they update it frequently.

Of course I've heard of a lot of problems with UTPure, but the choice is there.

exactly what we were talking about phear :(

two possibilities:

1) recompile the leagueAS-package (with no major changes) often and force clients to DL a new package every other [map/day/week] so one would have to hack again and again (best would be: faster updates than hacking-speed :) )

2) use utpure

1) is wayyy too much work (updating servers as there is no autoupdating-system; recompiling it etc...)
2) one could have a look into that and think about using it (if there are not too many bugs) - i mean... i think u remember, what i sent u about public cheats for utpure phear.
hm... this is no easy situation now for you :(

Hmm.

The thing is, LeagueAS survived this long without attention, simply because of it's small footprint.

It's only our league that uses it, and that means only a small percentage of UT users, and probably a proportionately small group of tits looking to break it.

I know of only three guys who were asking about cheats for LeagueAS and I suspect that you only have one or two with the skills to deal with it. Would an actual code change (rather than a simple recompile) not buy another few months of time?

If we switch to UT Pure, it's game over.

We may as well just uninstall the whole lot and turn the servers over. UT Pure is targeted by *every* UT hacker out there, and there are a great many more of them with the needed skills.

In the last few months, since leagueAS went on the public servers, it's been great, with a totally different mood on the servers, and in that time, we seem to have grown the league, with more clans joining all the time.

I don't think the two are unrelated, and it's a shame to lose that.

The problem is I have been informed that said person is the one who developed this after getting help from various prominent cheat developers he has gained the required know how.

With someone so hell bent on ruining AS there is no point making small modifications / recompiles, they take very little time to circumvent. We were lucky in the past that there were no cheat developers interested, so LeagueAS slipped through, and all I had to do was ensure none of the cheats that were desgined to get past UTPure worked. We now have our own brand of "semi" intelligent lamer :(

I know of only three guys who were asking about cheats for LeagueAS and I suspect that you only have one or two with the skills to deal with it. Would an actual code change (rather than a simple recompile) not buy another few months of time?

WHO !!! ????

ffs :(

I dont get it. Someone must know who theese fuckers are.
It must be possible to go on offence against them instead of always being on defence.

Cant someone do soething ? expose them , hack them , put a fist in their face, give them viruses, build an IP-logging-thing... something.

Id gladly help fukking them up if i only knew how.

1) I am with gurkburken here :slap:

2) i understand phear's and Wintermute's point.
the point is now: leagueAS is hacked and won't be recompiled that fast (will it?)
so there is a lack of security
(maybe phear knows, if only for the publics or also for the league)

there are (afaik) no public cheats for utpure and all we would have to do, is "always keeping the latest versions of utpure on the servers".
so - even if all the coders target utpure, atm it is more secure
or do you think that the bytehack won't "spread" into the league?
(if it didn't get into the league, then it wouldn't that bad for us all and we could keep leagueAS-CSHP - what do you think phear - will the bytehack get into the league? (again? <- *spicing this up a bit*) :\ )

tbh i am not sure which is the better choice for the league now:
utpure or leagueAS-CSHP

UTPure RC53 currently has no public hacks, RC54 due out soon. imo public servers such as Jolt/Orange should bring in Pure.

I do not believe that the current hack for LeagueAS135 will have a significant impact on the League. I would encourage people on 134 to upgrade to 135 though, this may be a new requirement for next month.

Perhaps a little rearranging and a recompile may help if the new version is kept to league/clan servers. The llamers doing the hacking want to have 'fun' on Jolt and Orange publics.

There hasnt been a shortage of Hacks for LeagueAS. And b4 LeagueAS there were very few cheats, I doubt it will make any difference tbh. Its hasnt upto now.

as i can see it assault is a small close community... unlike something like clanbase..

so i think most of us know who would cheat has cheated or is gunna cheat..

i think the best way would just be to change name everyone week or so till the hacker gives in.

depends annoying process as u gotta install on all servers :/

or pure53/54 with league as

Originally posted by TexasTom
There hasnt been a shortage of Hacks for LeagueAS. And b4 LeagueAS there were very few cheats, I doubt it will make any difference tbh. Its hasnt upto now.

Something to tell us Tom?

Seriously, You aint describing any experience I have seen.

Before LeagueAS went on the Jolt and Orange Servers, Sam and his little cocklicking friends were laming every frigging night finishing maps, blocking doors, botting and generally trying to ruin people's games.

When LeagueAS was installed, this stopped dead, and the cheaters forums were instantly crawling with frustrated wanks asking for cheats to get round "this new cshp thing"

Now we have enjoyed a few months of peace on the servers.

There hasnt been a shortage of Hacks for LeagueAS.

Pretty much pure conjecture / rumour. I've never said LeagueAS was unhackable, but until recently there have never been any such hacks, at least if there has they have been very privately guarded ones, but i've seen nor heard of any real evidence of their existance. These things don't take long to become public knowledge, both Julias hack and now this one were brought to my attention within hours of being used, and Julias was never even made public afaik.

Assault has been (for all intents and purposes) cheat free since I included CHSP in LeagueAS in v124, which according my file date here was compiled on 31 August 2001, there have been a few small hacks that got through in that time, there was a trigger bot and the animation taunts hack, but both were stopped pretty quickly by the next version.

Well, Publicly available i dont know. Julia wasnt the first to make a hack thats for sure. She was the first to threaten to publicly release one, which she didnt thankfully. I know you havent claimed that LeagueAS was unhackable, Though Julia gave you a suggestion on how to make it much more difficult to hack.

You only knew about Julias as you were prewarned and then she went on a bender with it on publics lol. She could have sat on it and not told anyone and you wouldnt be any the wiser. And thats what at least two other people have done. I am not saying they have been used in Wars cos i am 99.99999999999 that they aint and never will.