Laptop: Samsung R519

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
I've recently posted about a new desktop.
I'm now thinking about a new laptop, what about this one?

Samsung R519:

15,6" HD screen
3 GB Internal Memory
250GB HDD
Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 (2.0 ghz)
Intel GMA 4500m Shared videocard
6 cell accu
Windows 7 home Premium

I can get one for 300 euro...
what you guys think?

I want to play games with it also, would it be any good?

And the acer 5738z?

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2000mhz
4GB intern ram
320gb hdd
Nvidia Geforce G105M 512MB DDR2
Windows vista (free upgrade to Win7)

The Geforce 105 is 4 gnerations old card where Nvidia just rechanged the name several times (like they did in teh past years so many times anyway.)
Overall it's even slower than a GeForce Go 7700, which isnt even enough for modern gaming.

imho:
Buying Laptops for gaming is dull.
First of all they get fucking hot, which result in thermal problems (noisy fans, higher percentage of hardware damage by heat) and reduced battery life. Also they are impossible to upgrade and are way to expensive.
So what's the sense in having a laptop for gaming then?

Cheap laptops (Acer) are also crap, because they have a low material quality and components that arent capable of providing acceptable framerates in modern games.

Get a used (and cheap) laptop if you wanna surf the internet and work while being mobile.

If you wanna play games, get a (cheaper) desktop machine which you can easily upgrade. Then you'll have more fun.

Last edited: