Kim Jong-il Mistery

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Happy_Guy

Kneel before ZOD!!!!
Jul 9, 2001
W-Sussex, UK
Did he or did he not pose recently

Compare this "recent?" photo:

1.jpg

with this from 2006:

0_22_112906_NKorea_KimJongIl.jpg

It could be a different stand with metal bar missing, but a continuous black line.

What a mystery, such suspense!!! Do we really care?

Discuss

It is just about on going and on going rumors that he is seriously ill. Hence the North Koreans appear to try (with doctored or outdated photographs) to show he is still alive and well.

Anyway to cheer all up: This is what he looks like when he relaxes.

kim-jong-il.jpg

Impossible to tell on such a poor picture quality. If there were a black line there then there should be one between his legs too and there isn't. Since the image quality is so bad, the "pixels out of place" could simply be a distortion somehow. The shadow could be at odds because he might actually be standing closer to the back than the soldiers. If you look at the original picture posted on BBC (which you CANNOT DIRECTLY ACCESS - Clicking leads you to the pic posted in this thread, not the FULL picture!) the black line does not span the rest of the picture, and there is a soldier standing significantly further from the background and casting a much different shadow.

That's aside from the obvious facts: Hand in a different posture from that other photo, different facial expression, what appears to be the hood of the jacket and different positioning of him in relation to the camera. However it's also likely that he had serveral photographs taken of him during that session in 2006, but unless someone fixed his hood he should have it blatantly showing in the "new" picture if it was photoshopped.

Translation: I think this is Western media trying to make an issue out of something we don't need to worry about.

Last edited:
That's aside from the obvious facts: Hand in a different posture from that other photo, different facial expression, what appears to be the hood of the jacket and different positioning of him in relation to the camera. However it's also likely that he had serveral photographs taken of him during that session in 2006, but unless someone fixed his hood he should have it blatantly showing in the "new" picture if it was photoshopped.

Translation: I think this is Western media trying to make an issue out of something we don't need to worry about.

I agree, but the funny thing is, if you look for photos on the web of Kimbo, he always wears a military uniform. There are only two (out of many) pictures with this coat. At first I thought, obviously a different pose hence two different pictures, then hmmmm, could be doctored. The second (claimed to be recent one) is actually a very bad quality picture.

I could not care less if he is alive/ill/well, but think the photos are funny anyway.

I agree, but the funny thing is, if you look for photos on the web of Kimbo, he always wears a military uniform. There are only two (out of many) pictures with this coat. At first I thought, obviously a different pose hence two different pictures, then hmmmm, could be doctored. The second (claimed to be recent one) is actually a very bad quality picture.

I could not care less if he is alive/ill/well, but think the photos are funny anyway.

Well it's disturbing because of the jacket. It's goofy-looking and I couldn't imagine him wearing it in 2006 and then again now in late 2008. I'd also think that if NK were to admit he were sick/dead that they'd do it around now during the time of America's transition of administration when there might be less hullaballoo over it. It's not an important issue anyways though, they need to relax.

Berend! :wave:
The weekend is 6 days 23 hours and 8 minutes away m8! lol!

Things are better now, surviving, what about yourself dear boy?

Berend! :wave:
The weekend is 6 days 23 hours and 8 minutes away m8! lol!

Things are better now, surviving, what about yourself dear boy?

Well hanging in there ;) Work is busy as always, family life... busy with a two year old and lovely. Doesn't leave me with much time to mess about on the internet, but that is a small price to pay :D