Jumping Prevention...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WKD

mIRC slappa :(
Jun 10, 2001
Can someone, somehow create a prog that can stop ppl jumping in2 a game when changing maps. Nearly everyone does it and its just as lame as most things and its a big dissadvantge to those on a 56k.
The servers most effected by it are the Jolt ones.

Such a tool can´t be created I think, have no idea how...

But jumpin in is something u have to do I think. U dont wanna wait until some1 leaves, so i just go in as spec, turn out spec and next map Im in.Might sound a bit egoistic but I just cant wait for ages that some1 loses fun or has to eat so that he leaves.

BTW best way to prevent from gettin booted out is buying more RAM:)

i have over 200 ram, not sure what the sxact specs are onb my comp, as it was built my bro, and it built for gaimin, part from shitty 56k:(

A lot of servers have no specs. So no problem. Its especially nice when nasty jumps in. Used to happen a lot more than it does now.

jack all to do with you connection... I used to get into servers 1st 2nd all the time on 56k and never ever get kicked.

Its all to do with how quick your PC can load the level... your connection makes little difference to this as all it has to do is recieve a message to load the map

Tim

i dont know much about that, what i do know is that now i have cable and it has twice the upload and way muchmore download speed.Which means i now out ping some poor sod between maps.anyway i get in more now than i used to.

I can understand why it annoys u because when i was on a 56k way back i got so sick of being booted out of servers i refused to play at busy times, but the way i see it i'm payin a lot o' money for usin' isdn and when i come on to play i don't really care to much about the person i'm booting off, i had to put up with it, so unless they get a faster conn n' boot me off i ain't gonna give it a second thought.

I always used to have this problem with my P200 (56k/cable) Till I had my new comp... But now Im doing it myself as well, nothing you can do about it... And I won't feel guilty as it happened to me a lot as well...

its the pc:) im running 927 athlon and 256 ram and i kick ppl off servers:D weird, but i guess i load the maps just faster than others, i have never been kicked by anyone off a server

turning precache off will help decrease the time to load a map, making it harder for ppl to boot you, and easier for you to boot them :D

and with the pc u got u shouldn't notice any perfomance diff

I have Athlon 700.. Running at 700. And I join servers 1st or 2nd.
Defrag, no resident shit, cache + swapfile tweaked, swap on separate HDD.

Nice logic there malstorm/vulcano........ so if someone once hit you, you can go out and hit everyone else?

And yes, fast conenctions are good, i would kill to get one (wonder if they could transfer malstorms connection? :P ) but where I am I can only get 56k and isdn, and I cannot afford ISDN here, it is simply too expensive for me to pay the line rental for, so now only the rich are allowed on popular publics?

To me kicking ppl off servers in map change is probably more irritating then spawn campers, at least you have a chance with campers, and imho it should be seen just as badly.

Comparing it to spawncamping is kinda awkward,so nice logic too, PyRom.

With a little bit of tweaking you should be able to get rid of the problem of getting kicked.

I don't think that connection plays such an important role during map change.

:lol: well thats just the way it works...

You could also try to contact server admins and beg them to remove observer slots...

I personally have no problem with kicking / getting kicked (not that it would ever happen)

Last time I got kicked I still had my old AMD-K6 2 450 with my monster 3d accelerator.

Disabling Precaching definitely helps to avoid getting kicked as it can takes ages on custom maps like Astheno

Last edited:
It have to be like this:

A player, who played in a server above 30 minutes, "COULD" be kicked, not the player under 30 minutes, coz im playing at least 30 minutes, an i hate it, when i got kicked...

Ultr@$onic