Iphone

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

zombie

Dead Man Walking
Jun 9, 2001
Andover(UK)
im looking at getting one of these in the next few months.
but would like to know if anyone has got one, if so,
what are they like?
whats the cost to use the internet on it?
if u dont like them what would be the phone u would get?

Make sure you get it on an unlimited data package (standard in the US).

The only other competitor in geek terms is the Nokia N95, which isn't as visually sexy but pretty much beats it hands down on features.

i would go for gPhone instead. ( that the new phone Google made )

but i think it wont be in the shops before 2008.
atleast that is the next phone im gonna buy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get one

we have one at work and to be honest it is amazing its so much more than just a phone its a revolutionary piece of kit with regard to interface and usability but after a week you realize its just a phone its not 3g its got lots of bugs it slows down and it just isnt worth the money.

that and having a bit of inside info that Apple will be updating it in Feb March and a second iphone will be available too in a slightly different form factor.

its a great bit of kit and great to pose with but in all honesty It just isn't worth the money.

it looses its shine after a week

im getting the Ipod Touch.
It's exactly the same as the Iphone except its not a phone :P

There's always payphones. Or just stop talking to people altogether.

[rant]Am I the only person left in the western world who's not obsessed with fiddling around with mobile fucking phones? My friend has one and he never stops playing with it, even when you're trying to talk to him face-to-face, he's texting and checking his messages and fucking about with colour schemes. Most socially irritating invention ever. So many people get a mobile and send lots of meaningless shit on them. It's not a necessary communications tool, it's a security blanket toy, or like two kids squirting each other with water pistols. People have one because they think they have to, cos everyone else has one. How many phone calls do you actually make on the fucking thing that are worth making? Do you people seriously have so many critical communications to make that you must have a mobile with you everywhere you go? Or are you just very very very susceptible to marketing and social status bullshite? Do yourself and civilization a favour and flush the stupid little thing down the toilet, remember how to actually speak to people properly again. Fucking mobile phones! ARG![/rant]

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yes on all of the above questions Anthony :p:

@Zombie; I've heard nothing good about the iphone so far! I wouldn't buy it.

I did think about the iPhone - But considered the overall cost of the contract, and i wouldnt want to spend £1000 on a phone over 18 months.

So i opted for the N95 which was very cheap, and also its feaures are excellent! However the Maps are fairly crap!
5 MP Camera is good too!

Also as Martz said the iPhone isnt a 3G Phone, and the camera lets it down too. If i want an iPod, ill buy an ipod. In fact the iPod Touch has the nice GUI menus e.t.c, without the phone function for £199 - an £800 saving in total for the 'phone' feature. Whether or not it does the same functions, i have no idea! Ive played the iTouch and its a nice peice of kit anyway!

Oh and 02 really are crap! From personal experience i wouldnt recommend them ;)

I agree with Useless..If I want a camera..then I'll buy a camera. A cell phone is handy in emergency situations like when you have to go to the supermarket to buy washing up liquid for the wife, and when you are there, you can't remember what brand the wife always needs. So you phone her and save yourself alot of crap later. I've got a really old Nokia, that does nothing else besides texting and calling. Perfect.

But you can't stop progress so I think we are gunna have more and more of these "phones" that will navigate us around the city while we simultaniously spam the forums.....hmmz not a bad idea really :)

i'm in trouble. My old nokia is going to break down soon. And I have no idea as to what phone to get next. Sux, eh ;)

I love fancy stuff, but I'm rly happy with my not so fancy phone.

Heeelp

well, get the Sony w580i if you want a mobile phone which is quite stylish, good functions for an okish price. But id rather guess you are willing to go for those revolutionary mobile phones...the iphone is amazing focusing on its functions and style. if you get it, then get it without a contract, make it with sim unlocked...you can get some of these already. But with contract it is far too expensive regarding to the years you need to pay between 50-90€ monthly.

Similar phone is the Nokia N95...really good one, but I think someone mentioned it already :P

go for 6100... its cheap, and working perfectly!

n73 & n95 got way to many programs... mine keep crashing.

Thats nothing to do with the number of programs on the phone.

Make sure you use Nokia Update Services (after you backed up your entire phone with PC Suite) and install the firmware update.

Iv now had an Iphone for about 4 days, and im loving it :)
So easy to use, will have to see what time does to it.
the price has droped on the 8g iphones, now only £170, (and £35 a month)
also just got my gf one as well, she had hers 2 days, and so far she told me she likes it.
i think its just each to there own.

Iv now had an Iphone for about 4 days, and im loving it :)
So easy to use, will have to see what time does to it.
the price has droped on the 8g iphones, now only £170, (and £35 a month)
also just got my gf one as well, she had hers 2 days, and so far she told me she likes it.
i think its just each to there own.

will u get me one 2 :D:cool::D