Intro to IAC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
A lot of people have been coming to me and others saying that they don't know what the IAC is. It has been suggested by someone else that I make a post saying exactly what it is, thus the IAC FAQ. This is specifically designed to help orient and familiarize newcomers to the IAC.

-What is the IAC?
The IAC is the International Assault Cup (formerly known as the European Assault Cup or EAC), a 5v5 UT99 Assault cup which consists of country teams battling against one another.

-Who hosts the IAC?
The IAC is run by UTAssault.net which is sponsored by Gothica.nl

-Who can participate?
Anyone can participate in the IAC! It's suggested that you have some skill, basic knowledge of gameplay and weaponry, and the desire and ability to learn any tricks, tactics and maps you may need to know. However, you must have a UTAssault.net account in order to join the servers.

-What countries can participate?
Any country is allowed to participate providing they meet the team size requirements.

-When does it start?
The IAC is scheduled to begin in May of 2007

-How long does it last?
It should last for two months.

-How do I sign up?
Go here and follow the directions :) - Remember you must have a UTAssault.net account in order to sign up

-What are the rules?
You can find a complete set of rules here.

-Where is it played?
It's an international cup, so it can be played wherever there's a country which can provide a server.

-What if my country doesn't have enough players?
Sign up anyways! You may be put with a country similar to yours or merged with another country's team. There are always more people who can sign to so it is best to sign up and hope to get a full team than to not sign up at all! :D

-What are the requirements for teams?
Teams must have enough active players to participate in cup wars.

-What if there is no team for my country?
Contact Smantie and request that you get a team! If enough people sign up from your country we'll add you!

-How are teams chosen?
Teams are chosen by the team captain, to be decided after sign-ups end.

-How long do cup wars last?
Cup wars are scheduled to last about two hours.

-When does the sign-up period end?
The sign-up period is scheduled to end March 21st, 2007.

-What if I've missed the sign-up deadline?
if your country has a team, contact the team captain. If your country was unable to create a team, contact Smantie.

-What maps will be played?

14 maps total will be picked for a cup war from the following list, 7 from each country:

• AS-Asthenosphere
• AS-AsthenosphereAL
• AS-AutoRIP
• AS-Ballistic
• AS-Bridge
• AS-DesertStorm
• AS-Desolate][
• AS-Frigate
• AS-GolgothaAL
• AS-Golgotha][AL
• AS-GuardiaAL
• AS-HiSpeed
• AS-Lavafort][
• AS-Mazon
• AS-Oceanfloor
• AS-OceanfloorAL
• AS-Overlord
• AS-RiverbedAL
• AS-Riverbed]|[AL
• AS-Rook
• AS-Siege][
• AS-SubmarineBase][

-Where can I download the maps?
Individually here or as a pack here.

-What mods will I need to download?
It is suggested that you have a working copy of League Assault 140. If you don't have it you will download it from the server when you join.

-What if my country does not have a home server? Isn't that unfair?
Although it is unfair the organizers of the cup do not have the funds to provide every country with a server. It is appreciated and suggested that every country or region which would like a server find a way to supply one themselves.

-What requirements are there for cup servers?
-They must have stable ping.
-They must run League Assault 140.
-They must run League Auth.
-IAC admin staff need FTP access to them in order to set them up properly.
Contact Smantie or '//3ird(o) if you think you may be able to provide a server.

-Is there any cheat protection?
League Assault comes with built-in cheat protection and bug fixes and cup admins are constantly monitoring any signs of unfair play.

-Are there any servers I can learn the maps on?
unreal://213.230.216.2:8888/ - =]DoG[= Custom Maps server - England
unreal://85.14.219.51:7177/ - [DFP] Public Server - Germany
unreal://8.9.4.3:7777/ - {qoou} Public Server - USA
All servers contain all the maps played in the cup.

-What if my question wasn't answered here?
Ask it here and we'll get back to you as soon as possible :D

Hope this answers some people's questions. Have fun and enjoy the IAC 2007 :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.