[INTERVIEW] - Interview with Squirrel!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nekro

Not Long Now....
Mar 29, 2002
UK
Interview with Squirrel!

Okay, so we've had a fair few interview from the Winners Bracket so i thought ill interview a team captain from the second bracket who I myself have always looked up to as a great player but with an unfortunate disadvantaged connection due to his locaton obviously :P !

Currently Playing NA2 their counter part in the elimination rounds I decided to interview Squirrel, team Captain of NA1!

So heres my Interview with Squirrel:

==========================================

neKro:
First some basics about yourself:
-name?
-age?
-location?
-occupation?

Squirrel:

Ened
USA Boston
Software Engineer

neKro:
What Computer specs do you have?

Squirrel:

Mobile Athlon 2.2ghz
1 Gig OCZ RAM
BFG 6800
Dual CRT/LCD
MX518

neKro:
What connection do you have?

Squirrel:

6Mbit Cable

neKro:
How long have you played UT99?

Squirrel:

5-6 Years

neKro:
How did you get your nickname?

Squirrel:

I love Squirrels, and my last name means squirrel in my native language

neKro:
What are your previous clans?

Squirrel:

Been only in ]UAS[ from the beginning, I would never have left if the clan was still alive, loved the ppl I was playing with.

neKro:
Which clan that you were previously in or currently in did you enjoy the
most and learn't the most things?

Squirrel:

]UAS[ of course, I started playing with UAS when I couldn't even hammerjump or dodge, and ended up working with the team on

some of the best strategy/launch tactics for the whole game, that almost changed the whole way div1 games were all about,

where dm skills were mostly what mattered (except ion of course :) )

neKro:
Do you play any other games online?

Squirrel:

Not a lot of games online, but play a lot offline. I like strategy games that make you think, like AOE and C&C series,

Blitzkried Series. Also into H&D, CS-S, BF DC, haven't tried BF2 yet.

neKro:
What mouse sense do you use or if easier how many times would you spin if
you move your mouse from the right side of your mat to the left?

Squirrel:
I use 1600 DPI, but haven't gotten used to it changing on the fly, probably 3 times spin on the pad.

neKro:
[MOVEMENT] aswd, arrows or other?

Squirrel:

Arrows, got used to them, use the mouse for basic binds.

neKro:
Other than Assault do you like to play other Gametypes? if so which
ones.

Squirrel

iCTF, LG iCTF, Sniper Arena

neKro:
What do you think is the best weapon for you?

Squirrel:

Sniper

neKro:
What is your Favourite Map?

Squirrel:

Ballistic and Bridge

neKro:
How would you describe your play style?

Squirrel:

I like playing as part of a team, in strategic positions. To me strategy is the most fun in a game, because it is the only

way you can outsmart the adversary. I was never a fun of dm types, or games that have as a goal to kill anything that moves

as much as you can. That is why I love playing assault, because there is always a chance to surprise the enemy with a certain

move.

neKro:
What do you do to improve your gaming skill?

Squirrel:

I practice sniper shots in midair and hard shots, because I love the sniper. I also like trying out new launch ideas, and

playing with people that are not just good players, but have great attitudes too.

neKro:
Where´s your position in wars?

Squirrel:

I usually switch positions depending on the team/map/server I am playing. I don't mind any positions, and try to do my best,

no matter how cool/lame the position is.
I have always liked defending more than attacking in UT. It gives you a better sense of accomplishment, and there is always

the feeling of saving something from getting destroyed, and backing up your teamates. Also, defense is more important than

attack in my opinion. It is also something you can improve on and do great, even when you have big ping disadvantages, which

has always been the case with me since I play from US.

neKro:
Who screams most on your voice coms?

Squirrel:

It has to be me actually heh. Sometimes Supermic would try to scream more than me, but he rarely succeeded :D I get quite

emotional during the games, because I feel as part of a real team.

neKro:
Any special fun or rare moment that you recall that has happened ?

Squirrel:

So many of them, they are one the best things I like about the game. I can't remember every detail, most of things were TS

chats, like once when I put on TS the "ieeeeegh, omg you fucking faggot, teamkiller.." CS flash guy, or when Joe (riotz) had

this really strange robotic voice on TS. Chris (Helter) has also been always funny on ts and irc telling jokes and making

fun. And ofcourse, lots of funny ut moves/mix ups etc.

neKro:
Which opponent nation do you fear the most or would put up the greatest fight against you?

Squirrel:

Currently, England 1 is probably the most complete team, that has the best chance to win. I would really love to play them,

or whoever wins, in an american server for once, and see if there is any team in europe that can actually play good even when

under big ping disadvantages, which has always been the case with american teams. I have always wanted to have something like

an all-star team europe against all-star team usa, it would have been a really nice game, but sadly most of american players

gave up mid-way, tired of the ping problems.

neKro:
Which opponent player from any nation do you fear the most or in matches would look out for as a danger man?

Squirrel:

It depends on the situation. Probably konnan on defense if I was attacking, Kingkilla(american) on attack if on a map where

hammerjump/tricks are very important, alpha when playing against a coordinated team, etc. It really depends on

what/where/when you play, but I never particularly feared a single player, because a team wins the match, not a single

player.

neKro:
Who do you think is the best team player in your team?

Squirrel:

Well I will speak for UAS, since that was my "team" for so long. Supermic and Tut were two of the best, most all-around,

smart team players that I have seen. Always enjoyed playing with them. Sinsemilla is also a great player, that always

impressed me with his intuition and smart game, even though he never spoke much in TS :)

neKro:
within your team who has the best aim?

Squirrel:

I can't say for sure, I will leave that open.

neKro:
within your team who is the best individual allrounder?

Squirrel:

As I said before, Tut and Supermic.

neKro:
What is your favourite war your have ever played?

Squirrel:

Lots of them. Our first wins in div1 against X-squad and -8-, when everyone thought we would lose, the wins/ties against mi5,

some great 2v2s in american/euro servers etc.

neKro:
How would your family and friends describe you?

Squirrel:

Serious, intelligent and non-conformist ;)

neKro:
What is your fav film and why?

Squirrel:

Depends on the category really, but just to mention one, Office Space, it just makes me laugh every time..

neKro:
What is your fav food?

Squirrel:

I love seafood

neKro:
What other hobbies besides gaming do you have?

Squirrel:

Tennis, Computer Hardware, Philosophy.

neKro:
What games did you play before UT SERIES?

Squirrel:

Mostly strategy games, like Red Alert, Dune and Starcraft.

neKro:
What is the most annoying thing about ut99 for you?

Squirrel:

When playing on european servers, people that complain about "lag-sliders" when playing against me/other high ping players.

Very pathetic, because if/when they have a ping similar to mine, they cry about it being unplayable, not having a chance etc.

I also can't stand people that can't take a loss, and others that flame stupidly for no reason, or teenagers that have no

idea what they're talking about.

neKro:
Who is the player you've most been impressed by since u started gaming, and why?

Squirrel:

Supermic, since I have been playing with him for almost 5 years. I kept improving during the whole time, yet he did also,

which was quite amazing, considering he was so much better than me when I first started, and yet never turned into an

arrogant player, or became selfish, a very respectful person.

neKro:
What are your ambitions as leader of your nation?

Squirrel:

As I mentioned before, having the chance to play a fair game for once, would enjoy it much more, even now that most players

have retired.

neKro:
If you were stranded on a desert island and had to chose one player from UTA to be stranded with, who would it be and

why?

Squirrel:

Well, I would definitely like that person to be a female, unless some uta guy is an expert at escaping deserted islands

unharmed..

neKro: Anything else you want to add?

Squirrel:

I just want to say thanks to the people in UAS for being such great m8s to play with, and all the other nice players that

made UT a fun game even after all these years. I'd also like to say thanks to admins/martz/mym and all other people that

helped with setting the environment for this great game arena for such a long time. Thanks neKro for the interview, and I

wish everyone all the best and God Bless!

neKro:
Okay and on that note I would just like to thank you for taking the time to do this interview and all the best in the cup!

Thanks!

Squirrel said:
Supermic, since I have been playing with him for almost 5 years. I kept improving during the whole time, yet he did also, which was quite amazing, considering he was so much better than me when I first started, and yet never turned into an arrogant player, or became selfish, a very respectful person.

lmfao should have seen this retard last few months of UAS gg ;(