Intel Laptop Cpu:s

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
Hiya :wave:

I am getting a new laptop at work and i am choosing between one really small with an Itel Core Duo U2500 1,2 Ghz and a regular sized one with an Itel Core Duo T2500 2,0 Ghz. For work they both would do but we tend to have some LAN parties at work and i want the best one for gaming and the only thing that differs is the CPU. Well, the smaller one have a smaller built in monitor but we have separate monitors as well :)

I assume the T2500 is the faster one but is it much difference?

Tnx a lot for the feedback :thumb:

Can't help with the CPU choice, but when I've tried to use a laptop at a LAN, I found the hard disk to be very very slow. Ended up borrowing Richs' external firewire drive and booting from that. I'd guess that, and the graphics are the limiting factors.

Just a thought.

what martz said, and gamewise you should get the best of the cpu's, as some games don't want to run when they detect your cpu speed settings ;)

i have a macbook pro with an intel core duo 2.16ghz and an ati x1600 7200rpm hdd
i run os x and windows xp pro
under windows i can run UT, UT2004, HL2, BF2, cod ect ect all at the highest settings and high frame rates.

basically when your specing up your laptop get the fastest cpu, grapgics card (x1600 minimum) and 7200rpm hdd

same as you would with a desktop