iCTF League Launched!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
Well after much waiting, it's finally here!

The admin team have been busy over the past few months implementing and testing the various parts of the new system required to make this possible; so big thanks to to all involved there.

Cratos has also been busy fulfilling our requests for a new addon to EUT/SmartCTF (see more about EUT later), allowing us to add a "Match mode" to it, fitting in with UTA's current scheme (team passwords, match lengths, match scoring etc..), so he gets a special mention for all the hard work he's been putting in.

Updates:

You will notice various changes with regards to the site, I'll try to summarise them for you:
  • Addition of zpiCTF League pages (tables, schedules, rules etc).
  • Selectable zpiCTF League from Clan Admin- Match Scheduling
  • Booking system updates:
    • Addition of Zeroping iCTF gametype
    • Automatic selection of duration
    • Automatic display change for new maps
    • Javascript warnings added (too many maps selected etc)
    • 3rd map (aka Decider maplist) implementation
Setup system updates:
  • New remote module for servers to handle mutliple gametypes
  • New setup system functions to handle all available games
  • Moved core code from perl to php.
Scheduling matches:

The scheduling and booking of iCTF matches shouldn't be too dissimilar from the regular routine. Clans can book selected servers (see the server list, "Bookable For" sections for more info) for their CTF games, then add a schedule and await both to be confirmed by the other team.

All clans have started in the Holding Zone, instead of being automatically assigned into divisions, simply to rule out any inactive clans / clans not yet ready, from the go. Standard HZ rules apply; one win or 4 played games will place you in Division 1. For the first month, all clans will only be required to play a total of 2 games (though, you can book more if you want!).

"3rd Map":

As mentioned in previous threads, the 3rd map pool has now been implemented at the time of booking, so a map is randomly chosen. Each map in the iCTF 3rd Map pool has one or more month codes assigned to it which gives it a higher probability of being selected than others; currently with 6 maps in the pool, each map has 2 month codes, so for example, in both January and July, NovemberCE105 will have a higher probability of being selected than other maps.

Servers:

MyM has very kindly donated a server, which we have labeled zp-iCTF Match Server #1, this will be available purely for CTF Matches, and will be in zp/iCTF mode during it's public time.

We have successfully been working on a system that allows us to run both the required files for zp/iCTF and those required for LeagueAssault games.

By the end of the week, we hope to have Server #3 on this dual-gametype bookable system, and Server #6 shortly after.

If the system proves to be OK, we will roll it out to Server's #1 and #2 also, as well as providing details on how clans can set up their own servers to run the required components.

Current Supported Server List: (correct as of 11/02/06)
EUT:

EUT or Enhanced Unreal Tournament is a fairly new mod for UT which has quite an extensive feature list, including:
  • Major game enhancements for CTF/TDM/DM
  • Live statistics (via F2)
  • Many HUD enhancements
  • New scoring systems & scoreboards
  • Improved "netcode" (the core code handling data sent / received between client & server); optimised significantly to reduce the feeling of lag, giving a smoother game.
  • Custom sound packages + "spree" style messages
  • Improved anti-cheat measures, physically disabling the ability to add hud-based cheats (radars, prompts etc).
More info about EUT can be found here: http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/EUT#About_EUT , but you won't truely understand it until you play with it enabled; our dedicated zpiCTF server is one of many running EUT in public mode. The EUT package is of substantial size (just over 3mb I think), so we have provided a link to download the client files via the Required Files link on the league pages.

Downloads:

With a new league, there will be plenty to download! We have endeavoured to put every map, texture, sound pack + system file on to our redirect servers provided by brajan, Cratos and MyM; however we still recommend people download the files to their client seperately.

All the files needed are listed in the Required Files section; currently we are not providing links to every map download, however if people are willing to provide these maps on their webspace, please PM me and I'll provide you with the source archives to mirror.

Deadboy and brajan are both currently hosting the UTA iCTF Map Pack, which includes all the current league maps, plus the others that were in the vote (and will probably be in a re-vote). This archive weighs in at about 30mb, so again, mirrors are welcome.

That's about it, I think!

We already have one iCTF match booked for the 12th of Feb (atP vs. DoG), so good luck to both teams!

If you have any further questions about the league, please post here.

Last edited:
Gj admins:D:thumb:
But are all servers bookable for iCTF of just zp-iCTF Match Server #1?
Stupid question though:P

Really well played to everyone thats worked on this, from my point of view it looks like one of the biggest additions to the league - ever. And after many years of cries of "The league is dying".. I hope this has proved them wrong.

Still lots of interest and passion going into the site, league and game. Well played to all of you - you've excelled yourselves! :]

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)] currently we are not providing links to every map download,[/QUOTE]

We do now :P
I just added mirror for all maps.

Really nice work done there, i think it deserves an extra applause :clap: that it did not take too long to finalize this project and get the ball rolling as fast as possible as long as people are still interested.

I think this is a really great thing and if we dont forget to advertise, who knows... maybe some Clans from CB join here too and bring new blood and fresh players back to the league and the community.

Really nice job @ everybody involved in this project! :thumb:

Have fun and enjoy @ everybody who is interested in the new league.

If Fraghub would have been started as fast as this project, i bet it would not still have last update post dated on april :(

Status
Not open for further replies.