iAS/ProAS - Ladder Size

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should the clan number be made to 5?

• No, its a bad idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
ias and proas

Right all, I think its time something was done about iAS and ProAS ladders.

We all know the number of clans is slowly diminishing. Why not make it 2 matches per month only, make it 5 clans per division and open Division 2. This would avoid matches like tonight nbk v whw where the match lasted 50mins. It would also add some spice and competition to ias and make the bigger clans play 1 another rather than picking on clans who merely wanna play for fun.

What do you all think?

I agree, make the divs smaller.

Same thing should be done for the other leagues as well Imo, except maybe for the 2v2 ladder.

Only problem with doing it to StdAS ladder is its 4 matches per month and with 5 clans you would play the same clans every month. StdAS is alright for the time being but with ias and proas diminishing its a good idea imo.

The the nonagon wont work :P

Adding onto this: Reasons why proas and ias are boring...

1. 1 Division, making nothing to play for unless your near the top.
2. No clan fears relegation.
3. No promotion to play for or relegation battles.
4. Clans turn up for the sake of it, often ending in forfeit.

Please just throw in the active clans in HZ, i.e NWA and iD in ias and iD in proas. Make it 5 clans, the nonagon system like in stdas but halved for the 2 matches. I forgot to make poll though so we can do one after.

Reasons why its good:

1. Adds competition
2. Maybe bring more clans who dont wanna get owned cos its 1 div.
3. Scheduled matches so admins wont have all the chasing round to do at 20th of every month.
4. Clans can play other clans at their similar skill level rather than playing the top 3 clans every month.

Last edited:
I agree, the fewer clans each league has, the smaller the div size should be. One look at the pro table tells you it's just not working. In wHw's defence... we're pish.

lol we are pish hoi :)

Wasn't fun for either clan really. e.g. They launch on frigate, we can't be arsed, so they win. Bit borin really.
If makin the divisions smaller means those types of clans play seperately then should be better for all.

I think Torp is right about the HZ aswell. The time has long gone when thats needed imo, it just keeps players out of an already diminished league.

OMG TORP HAD A GOOD IDEA OMFG WHAT IS THIS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NICE ONE TORP!!! THAT IS USING YOUR NOGGIN MATEY!

If you decrease clan number per division and assuming there will be a div2 then div1 will need reworked nonagon system :P
But i guess it's nothing Timo couldn't handle, the idea sounds good too.

well with 5 clans per league es torp mentions it's a pretty basic principle.

In month 1,3,5 and so on you play against the clans with the big line...
in month 2,4,6 and so on you play against the clans with the thin line

or visa versa...

and we call it the pentagon :P

Attachments

• pentagon.JPG
    pentagon.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 113
pentagon7.jpg

Do the calculations ross. Math gimp.

Good idea.

First off you cant just get rid of the HZ, where do the clans that are new but have no members go? no HZ means they would go straight into the lowest division and in that situation would have no chance of playing matches, = more forfeits.

Taking ProAS as an example because I dont play iAS :D
Having 2 divisions of 5 means 2 matches per month, 1 promotion/relegation (I really dont think teams at the bottom care that much about relelgation in these leagues). That means that you will pretty much play the same clans every 2 months, imo that is a much more boring prospect for everyone involved than having to play the same teams every 4 months which is the case as it stands (assuming 2 played per month).

Its the current arrangers that make the present system not work, the one you are proposing would force them into playing certain people which is its only advantage as it removes some clans repetitive arranging.

yes HZ should stay no reason to remove it.

with 5 in each division you wouldn't end up playing the same clans every month with a 2 match per month system as you would play 2 then play the other 2 the next month while different clans move up and down. at least matches would more likely be played than the current way as match arrangers cba to make any matches with nothing to play for / differing skill levels.

current arrangers really can't be bothered to make matches they know will end up in in 8-0's or no shows i guess, but with the pentagon league with the same idea as stdAS on the schedule (2 pre-determined clans you play) it would be easier for them

Last edited:
Aye Timo and if you compare the leagues in the last year we have lost a number of clans.

I understand this is probably a large task for anyone who will re-write the system.

The way it is now with the arranging is that no one wants to play this or that clan. Thisoften results in clans not playing their 2 matches and thus being warned by x admin. I personally don't see a problem with it being run this way however the setting up of this maybe the only hurdle.

Think we had around 13 pro clans this time last year. Now we have 9. ias has 10 clans, now we have 6.

My comments on the HZ were to simply place the clans who want to join right into the league. NWA clearly want to play but cant get anyone to arrange a match? Or have lost their matches so far? I dunno, someone enlighten me on this.

At the end of all discussion I think its safe to say if something isn;t done to these leagues to make it a) more exciting and b) worth playing matches for then they are just going to die. StdAS will follow suit if/when this happens.

+ Timo if you spend time doing this then you are clearly the most thoughtful member of this league and we all must bow down tbh.

Last edited: