\i386\ntkrnlmp.exe error code 4

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
Hi again,

Yesterday AVG found some virus that stopped my dvd/cd drives to work.
AVG said it repaired it and all worked fine, untill i started up this morning.
Start up goes 3 x as fast as normal, but when i see the 'welcome' sign when it wants to load desktop
my pc restarts. I tried unplugging all, trying other RAMs, different cables, nothing works.
So i wanted to reinstall, but then i got the next message:

ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
Error code is 4.

I tried googling for some proper solutions, no luck.
Could anyone help me get either rid of the start up problem or how to succesfully reinstall XP?

guess you could try a virus scan in safemode and see if that helps. if your reinstalling, back up ur files to a securelocation and format... that should kill the wee beasty! DB always likes this antivir as a standalone to run in safemode. has worked for me before too :)

Hope this helps :)

unplug all but harddrive mouse and keyboard

reseat ram

press f8 as pc boots and select

When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

if that fails start in safemode with command propmt

type
Code:
chkdsk C: /f/r

when u get into windows

start >run>Accessories > system Tools > system restore make a new restore point

then start >run>Accessories > system Tools > diskcleanup > go to 2nd tab and check clear all restore points but last

now in run enter sfc /scannow

shut down and put stuff back you can do 1 at a time if u wanna check for problem devices

All didn't work :x
I did it by lowering my CPU + memory, that seemed to work, i changed it back again now after reinstall, it removed the virus by the clean install :)

Ok, i was wrong about the part where i changed it back, I didn't, so when i tried this morning everything is back to the old things.
So i put it back to 2500+, making my pc work, except for internet :shout:
Could it be my cpu which is dying?

could be the cpu yes...probably RAM tho.

Should bring it to computer-shop and they have a proper look on it for a few euros and they will tell you what's wrong. I hope you have a decent one in your area who will not try to make you buy useless/not defect stuff :P...some serious one :D

Well, all is working now, got it back to 3200+ and DDR400 running again.
Last problem now is the internet. Pc doesn't seem to find the onboard internet card.
When i put in another it does recognize the new hardware. It even shows that it is a internet card, but
it can't be installed due to 'software not found.'

well they should be an option, maybe below "advanced" where it says onbaord LAN or onboard whatevercard [disabled]...there you should turn it into [enabled]. Cant tell you where exactly it is since I do not now every single mainboard bios by hard.

if u still cant find it, post your mainboard-name in here pls :)

Sound like you need to update mobo driver set no?
But dont quote me on that, I'm usually wrong anyway :crap: