I want to know why? (map bugs discussion)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
owned! not much more to add.....

Then why bother posting?

The argument isn't sound, since none of the team who introduced the map into the league are present today, nor would have been in a position to be able to fix these bugs without re-releasing the map(s).

I can tell everyone who has been saying "we'll only know if it's a hollow pillar on purpose if the author was here to say so"; well I can tell you for a fact that it is a build error of the map. The brush of the pillar is not split into 2 sections, it is one large brush, and part of this section is bugged and does not give collision - see screenshot 1 - the top part of the brush (highlighted in blue) has collision, the bottom part does not - all of the brush should have collision. Since the brush was duplicated, so was the problem.

There is also problems with the brush shown in the second picture, part of it allows you to walk around, and fire through the other side - this part definitely allows you do shoot the other team without being able to be shot back at (from the side of the attackers spawn).

I've read through 90% of the posts in this thread, and the majority of which are just people jumping on a band-wagon trying to change the world. The same happened with lockdown, and still 'the league' couldn't make an informed decision on what it wanted.

Sure we could publish a list of bugs - we already have a list compiled from the very few of you who have reported any... But are people seriously trying to suggest that this would allow someone to be 'off the hook' for abusing something that isn't on the list? What's the difference in someone abusing a bug that's not listed within 100 bugs and abusing a bug that's not listed within 1 bug?

Anyone can feel free to pick apart any of the above, but I will only respond if you make a sound valid argument.

DJ - quite simply, you fucked up.

Attachments

• bx-pillar1.jpg
    bx-pillar1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 188
  • bx-toppart.jpg
    bx-toppart.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
God damned this is really something... to be honest the maps are as they are if they are full of bugs and approved to be used in clan wars and in overall so what is the f problem tbh ? Why and who approvals maps which are meant to complain about later ? Use the maps as they are or fix them... like buying a car and telling the seller well seems u added some extra horsepowers but since I never ordered it I will not use them and later on he/she use the them.. and suddenly the neighbour see him using it and call the seller, god damned he used them.. well now he have to pay it... hahahha :)

I promise, my last comment to this :P

what a shitty comparison. Makes absolutely no point tbh. The admins didn't provide the maps and aren't responsible for the layout. The only thing they can do is (if there's admins with knowledge of mapping) fixing it, when people complain about the use and abuse and ban the people who did it. Which is what happened in this case. Besides you cannot only rely on the admins to find every bug or exploit in every map. Of course it was known to many people but 'use your brain' when you know that these kind of behavioour isnt accepted by everyone.

Can't we just cloes this thread....make an announcement wich "bug", glitch what ever isnt allowed anymore and then DJ will sit out his time and everyone is happy? this is getting a bit ridiculous.

XB, it isnt paranoia. I was just stating how stupid it is aswell. Of course that isn't bannable it is apart of the map but when little things like moving a box are worthy of bans then it will cause chaos. I have said which bugs should be banned IMO and moving boxes isnt one.

I hinted in my last post that it's all fixable (or more precisely, worked-around) with a server-side mutator these days - this is currently in private beta testing.

Well I promised to shut my mouth but seriously I cant... in my world I am used that if someone is responsible they are and if someone is not they are not!! Quite simple so, lets say I sit at my hairdresser and tell her "cut my hair short" and she does and later on I tell her, well.. this is not what I wanted... so the question is shall I pay for the haircut or not? Well the normal replay from her would be like.. u told me so.... and who is to blame ? her or me ??
Who told her how short it had to be and she wonder while her scissor walk in my hair how short he mean?

So back to the fucking topic of this stupid thread, admins or whatever as I can recall all know about this bugs and all except them so tell me all ... who is to blame? If the maps are approved in a clan war and thoose who approved them are to blame is it not so ?? Me in my world at the hairdresser should say. well I said to cut my hair short but I did not mean so short?... lol well I decided the cut of my fucking hair and I have to live with my word as the ones who decided to say "use this maps in clan wars" dont complain after..

These are unforseen bugs not noticed when the map was implemented.
League rules have been covering these situations as the League Admins learned from the past.

It's basicly the same as new launches being found. These bugs are generally found by accident by a player who then tells his m8 who tells his m8. Instead of mentioning it to an admin.

During the course of seeing someone else do it instead of it being reported. People think he did it so then this allows me to do it aswell.

Untill it get's abused in a match and the oposition thinks, hey look that just aint fair. Then the Admin team finaly learns about the bug. And only then can they give a punishment or a fix for it or even say it's allowed.

It's being treated from a point of view where people think ah someone else will report it. I mean it's not like it's a big effort to report them yourself.

When i joined #utapug and asked about the bugs Torp, Twnz, Tzu. seas_ and Inspire were very helpfull. Twnz actually took me on a map to show one to me.
Even though some of them were just caused by a 2 low netspeed. There were also big flaws in maps reported that I never seen or heared about.

So mucho's thanks so far for the people who helped us make the list. But i still believe there are many more bugs. So if you know any please let us know. Even if you assume someone else reported it already. I'd rather have 10 reports of the same bug then miss one out.

Besides you cannot only rely on the admins to find every bug or exploit in every map.

I guess in this topic we all talk about some bugs which all ppl already know... seems it is time to report to the not knowing admins about this special bug then and at the same time figure out how the hell Dj find it... u know Brainrain why comment something which are full of wholes to attack on u ?? for me it is increadible writing such things...

Close this sorrow thread... it is really funny all of this comments like having a leader but at the same time not... DJ in my opionion used what was served from the administrators or lets say I eat what is served from MCDonalds but I dont buy the ingrediences... god lol how simple is it not, dont sell Salmonella if ur not insured...

Last edited:
If the maps are approved in a clan war and thoose who approved them are to blame is it not so ??

While it is the league administration who implement maps into the league; for a long while it has been the league participants themselves who have voted the maps in.

So you can only blame yourself, surely?

:P

While it is the league administration who implement maps into the league; for a long while it has been the league participants themselves who have voted the maps in.

So you can only blame yourself, surely?

:P

So it means all accept it... dont it ? We all accept it so lets accept it !! On the other hand it is the league admin who decide about punishment and I say as I did b4 dont punish ur own decision.... better not make anyone in that case..

Last edited:
SirLancelot said:
So it means all accept it... dont it ? We all accept it so lets accept it !! ALL.. just to be precise :P and I never complain afterwards just accept it hehehehe or remove it !!

No, you have just proven as everyone has in this thread that one persons opinion is not necessarily the same as another's. This is why a decision between a group of peers with factually informed statements has resulted in a ruling being made.

You can dodge around this as much as you want, but this is the world you live in.

So it means all accept it... dont it ? We all accept it so lets accept it !!

Erm... Have you read this thread? Or is it just an attempt to start an argument. If you prefer arguments I'm sure torp wouldn't mind helping you with one of those. If not I suggest reading the thread then make sure you understand the posts and then reply.

No, you have just proven as everyone has in this thread that one persons opinion is not necessarily the same as another's. This is why a decision between a group of peers with factually informed statements has resulted in a ruling being made.

You can dodge around this as much as you want, but this is the world you live in.

Nope Wierdo it is not my world I live in tbh... and ur right I dodge but thats bcz I see the doding, but no one can erase the fact that in the end the one who punish ppl are the one who are responsible... and if thoose ppl who punish ppl cant stand up for it they should sit at McDonalds I say and server burgers :rofl:

These are unforseen bugs not noticed when the map was implemented.
League rules have been covering these situations as the League Admins learned from the past.

It's basicly the same as new launches being found. These bugs are generally found by accident by a player who then tells his m8 who tells his m8. Instead of mentioning it to an admin.

During the course of seeing someone else do it instead of it being reported. People think he did it so then this allows me to do it aswell.

Untill it get's abused in a match and the oposition thinks, hey look that just aint fair. Then the Admin team finaly learns about the bug. And only then can they give a punishment or a fix for it or even say it's allowed.

Words!

dunno why arguing is needed anymore ? :confused:

(@ sir, if tomorow we find a bug that make us able to end balistic in 3 secondes, should we tolerate it because "we" added the map to the league ? :rolleyes:) :lol:

Erm... Have you read this thread? Or is it just an attempt to start an argument. If you prefer arguments I'm sure torp wouldn't mind helping you with one of those. If not I suggest reading the thread then make sure you understand the posts and then reply.

Nope Jr ( I noticed ur name is Carnage also)just accept the fact that ban anyone must be based on real facts... and especially based on facts where we all accept it (maps are accepted by all as I learned now so lets accept the situation that we all accept it so we have to deal what we "all" accepted)..............

Last edited:
Nope Jr ( I noticed ur name is Carnage also)just accept the fact that ban anyone must be based on real facts... and especially based on facts where we all accept it (maps are accepted by all as I learned now so lets accept the situation that we all accept it so we have to deal what we "all" accepted)..............

Assuming that we all know all possible map bugs at the start .... which means testing every single pixel of the map in all possible combinations, tactics, launches, positions and god knows what else. This way of thinking isn't valid ... or maybe you wanna be our tester for new maps in future?

(@ sir, if tomorow we find a bug that make us able to end balistic in 3 secondes, should we tolerate it because "we" added the map to the league ? :rolleyes:) :lol:

No not at all ...I hope u stop the map to be in leage ... or at least not opening for ppl to complain about it especially when u know abouty it as u said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.