I must really like Wing Tsun..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

kooma

Grandmaster of Korso-style karate
Jun 26, 2001
McDonald Islands
.. judging by the fact that I came home from today's practice with my elbow looking like this:

elbow.jpg

Reactions: Turha.
looks like you've been practising like that evil ninja in your avatar.. LOL :p

smark said:
looks like you've been practising like that evil ninja in your avatar.. LOL :p

Hopefully I'm doing a better job than he is :) Elbow strikes are nice but when they're done against a helmet which has a visor which cuts your hand.. not so nice.

kooma said:
Hopefully I'm doing a better job than he is :) Elbow strikes are nice but when they're done against a helmet which has a visor which cuts your hand.. not so nice.

Which country are you practising in? When I did Wing Chun we conditioned our arms for elbow strikes on bags full of fried peas. We never wore helmets. I imagine you could do someone a lot of damage with elbow strikes even if they are wearing a helmet.

Hector said:
Which country are you practising in? When I did Wing Chun we conditioned our arms for elbow strikes on bags full of fried peas. We never wore helmets. I imagine you could do someone a lot of damage with elbow strikes even if they are wearing a helmet.

Finland. Used to be under Leung Ting's organization, nowadays part of the World Martial Arts Alliance.