i hate world of warcraft

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Champ`

The Champ is here!!
Jan 12, 2005
i iz From Jamaica
lmao at this from another forum

Re: world of warcraft is like a drugWed, August 3, 2005 - 4:25 PM
Hi,

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Let me tell you my WoW story: My (ex-)girlfriend likes to play games on the computer. Hey, no problem - so do I once in a while. Sometimes, when she really liked a game, she sat days on in in front of the PC. But we could always find some time to do something together.

Then there was Diablo 2. She liked it. A lot. No problem.

You must know, we work for the same company (IT), and there are a lot of people there who like to play. Especially Diablo 2. Except me. I didn't like the look and feel of that game.

So once WoW came out one by one every everybody got infected by this "virus". Lisa (my ex) promised "yeah, it looks interesting, but I don't want to get it. Not yet. Maybe later".

Yeah, right.

One day she called me from the office (in contradiction to her, I work in shifts) and said "I joined the darkside of the force. I ordered WoW at Amazon". "Fine" I said, "it's okay". I didn't know then, what was about to come.

She played this game more than any game before. If that wosn't bad enough: Both CEOs of the company play, about 80% of the employees. Even the cook plays WoW.

And you know what they say "if you can't beat them...". So I thought "why not?". Perhaps it would be fun to play WoW together. Why not show some interest in her hobby.

Yes, it's a fun game. No, I didn't become addicted. But now it starts:

After a while she breaks up with me. Yes, she found a player who is "better" than me. She fell in love (or something like that). The guy is from Munich (about 250 km from here - about a 150miles). They met for the first time a few weeks after she left me for him ("no, it's not just that I like him, I wanted to beak up anyway"). And, guess what: They didn't really hit it off. (Harhar!).

Nope, the never came together. She is still single, so am I. She may meet the other guy again, but she doesn't want him as a boyfriend any more.

But that's not the only reason I don't like WoW.

Yes, I still play that game once in a while. It's kind of fun too.

But when talking about it at the office it's ugly: I get to hear stuff like "you don't play often enough". "Why arent' you yet so far with your char?".

They talk about sometime for four(!) hours about:
- how good they themselves are, and how bad all other people.
- where they went on the map yesterday
- how much money they made when selling items
- how stupid other players are
- and so on, and so on.

Yes, WoW can be fun... if you remember that there is still a *real* *life* out there...

Heiner S;

omg yesterday when i was farming deadwind path those flying birds dropped neat stuff, especially the vibrant plumes sold very well at the ah!!!1

i still think girls playing pc games are bizarre people..
its something for men.. like cars, and football.

WoW sucks because it can turn perfectly fine people into retarded hate-filled lunatics.

"OMG YUO TOOK THE EPICS I SAVED UP FOR WTF!!111 I HOPE YOU DIE OF AIDS IRL"