html

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wow, what an insane thread....

first of all, hi to XR because it seems he can't get enough love from all of the other "hi"s combined :rofl:

Throughout my life, I could never really stand arrogance; I like trickery/cleverness, but bragging may lead to a lot of unpleasant consequences, such as fear. According to Star Wars, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. One has to love Master Yoda in moments like these :)

When someone goes out of his/her way to say something like "On #naat server, I can beat * " (where * is a wildcard, like in programming), the line of arrogance has been crossed--creating needless competitions (and publicly sharing victories) is typical of a braggart. Remember, however, that those who accept this public challenge will either submit themselves to public victory or defeat.

Fairness of play is a different issue. Aside from the pings, why is html on blue in all of these screenshots? Is there some trick in declaring captaincy on #naat? Why LeagueAS136?

oh, and random side note @humph: yes, you are a psychopath. Your grammar is not perfect, and yet you insist on correcting that of others. arrogancy++

you are deeply wrong on many points viper

I like trickery/cleverness, but bragging may lead to a lot of unpleasant consequences, such as fear. According to Star Wars, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. One has to love Master Yoda in moments like these :)
I don't remember yoda talking about bragging leading to fear at all.....

When someone goes out of his/her way to say something like "On #naat server, I can beat * " (where * is a wildcard, like in programming), the line of arrogance has been crossed--creating needless competitions (and publicly sharing victories) is typical of a braggart. Remember, however, that those who accept this public challenge will either submit themselves to public victory or defeat.
Please tell me where I say as fact "I can beat *"... I always said it was only MY OPINION that I could beat any euro (that is not used to 120 ping) on #naat and I totally accept that I might be wrong and merely offered people to prove me wrong. I only said that in #utapug once and I saw it brought up on the forums and decided to stand by my statement since I really meant what I said in #utapug. Only myself should be entitled by my own opinion, but it seems many people felt threatened by my opinion and tried to prove me wrong... No one managed to do so...... yet............. I admit I do have a strong tendancy to attempt to prove what I think is right, must be my scientist side, or berserk side, or maybe both......

Fairness of play is a different issue. Aside from the pings, why is html on blue in all of these screenshots? Is there some trick in declaring captaincy on #naat? Why LeagueAS136?
I didn't post screenies of all encounters did I? Im pretty sure I must've been red on at least some 1v1s since it IS random. as for leagueAS136, simple #naat pugbot owns #utapug pugbot as it doesn't crash in many situations the #utapug pugbot would crash, the only downside is that its not compatible with the "new" leagueas140, the #naat pugbot was up and running well before 140 came out and the guy who coded the #naat bot was also gone a long time before 140 arrived. As simple as that.

Last edited:
See me after class :(
I guess this suddenly became a grammar war, when I originally only told you to stop the corrections. Let me enlighten you, Obi-wan.

• Starting a sentence with a lowercase letter, or writing the full sentence in lowercase, is typical of programmers. The act may also be used to show dismay and/or disrespect (which was not the intent until your reply)
  • One would think that a forum user with so many posts should have realized that @<name> is an acceptable way of addressing a message to <name>...the concept must have missed you
  • I generally do not capitalize usernames, since they are not proper nouns, and you will certainly not catch me capitalizing some lame interjection (it suddenly became lame after you declared war)
  • The comma is fine
  • While leaving out the 'and' is perfectly acceptable, I kept it in for emphasis. I believe the insertion of the 'and' still makes for a grammatically correct sentence, and if you disagree, wait for a second opinion
  • Why are you highlighting my increment? Learn to program!

Last edited:

-!DISCO!-

C'mon, sing along!

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for young men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...

Young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
But you've got to know this one thing!

No man does it all by himself.
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
I'm sure they can help you today.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,

You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...

Young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said, I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so jive ...

That's when someone came up to me,
And said, young man, take a walk up the street.
It's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
They can start you back on your way.

They have everything for young men to enjoy,

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down
Young man, young man, pick yourself off the ground

It's fun to stay at y-m-c-a
Young man, young man, are you listening to me?
Young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

y-m-c-a
you'll find it at the y-m-c-a
no man, young man, does it all by himself
young man, young man, put your pride on the shelf

Y-m-c-a
then just go to the y-m-c-a
y-m-c-a
young man, young man, i was once in your shoes
y-m-c-a
young man, young man, I said, I was down and out with the blues.
y-m-c-a

:rofl: html; I believe you're pulling the "if you hit me, I'll hit you back 10x harder" routine

well ofc you're entitled to your opinion and that's fine ; but I don't believe I "hit you back 10 times harder"

I only proved you wrong on some points, they were pretty easy to refute tbh :P

if you flame me dumbly, in most cases I won't flame you back 10 times harder, and often won't flame back at all

on the other hand if you attempt to prove me wrong and prove something I said was false, or something I did was doubtfull, if I know im right I WILL defend my point and prove you wrong

Last edited: