htc phones

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

lol, im trying to decide between a new blackberry (prolly a bold or the new Curve 8520), an HTC Hero, and an iPhone right now. Think the Hero is gonna edge it atm, but would like to know if anyone else has any experience of any / all of the above...

Don't know about recent models but when I was working with HTC they were complete rubbish. They'd break down after a couple of weeks and if they didn't stop working they'd have a slow menu system, badly designed menus, terrible touch functions and somewhat fragile in general. I hear Hero and Magic are pretty good these days tho, probably because they're based on Android and NOT Windows mobile 3-4.xx.

I've never had an HTC phone (I have a O2 Zest Windows phone) but HTC are very popular and have a nice GUI on them. Generally Windows based though they have done Android too,

the Windows ones are VERY well supported by the community on XDA Developers (see their forums)

I've been using the iPhone for a while now, and I haven't been disappointed, it's a brilliant device. It's the all-in-one device i've been looking for: syncing my calendars and contacts never has been easier, browsing experience is amazing, twitter & linkedin integration, it's even my navigation device in my car. The integration and syncing possibilities seem endless.

If you're not sure, go for the iPhone!

I've been using the iPhone for a while now, and I haven't been disappointed, it's a brilliant device. It's the all-in-one device i've been looking for: syncing my calendars and contacts never has been easier, browsing experience is amazing, twitter & linkedin integration, it's even my navigation device in my car. The integration and syncing possibilities seem endless.

If you're not sure, go for the iPhone!

same here :D! really nice phone :]!

iPhone is brilliant and if you buy anything else you'll regret it in 3-4 months
this is a proven scientific fact

*cough* bull!
Apple is worse then MS. They dictate anything and everything you can do with your stuff.

This isnt necessarily a bad thing. I like what I can do with my stuff, so appearantly Apples dictating fits me.

Anyone recommend them?

What exactly are you gonna use it for? Requirements?
I mean, there a quite a few. Some of them more business related and some just for the fun of it :)

Business phones:
HTC touch pro 2: by far the best business phone i have tried.
Nokia N900: Worth to take a look at this new beast from Nokia. I havent tried it yet but it sure looks promising.

Non-business:
HTC HD2: Prolly has everything you need, very nice phone.
HTC Hero: Cant vouch for this myself but i heard it´s really nice. Got a few friends that has it.

a friend of mine just received the HD2, its so nice and has everything u need, such a big display and fast as fuck

Jo has a HTC Hero and it's a fantastic device. Slick UI, great integration into Google services - and quite a lot of android apps available. Down side is the camera - since there is no build in LED flash. The dashboard/home screens is very cool. You can have 7 different screens on your dashboard which are grouped together into a Scene. And you can have 6 different scenes (home, work, fun, social networking, etc) to arrange your widgets and screens for different uses. Brilliant.

The Apple iPhone *is* the benchmark for mobile phones/smart phones when it comes to intuitive interfaces in my opinion. I've set up 6-7 phones from out of the box now and they've always been a joy to use. For some reason no other company can innovate quite like Apple when it comes to understanding what works and what doesn't - without dumbing the device down completely.

Downsides is the restrictive App Store and camera. You gotta be happy to spend small amounts of money at regular intervals to get the apps you want - rather than letting a free market/open source applications take the place.

To some people having a phone which isn't controlled by a multi billion dollar company is very important. To others, they are happy to be a consumer.

Imo the HTC Hero isn't an iPhone beater - but its very, very close. It's also significantly less expensive and uses android which is gaining a lot of traction and support - so I personally put them on an equal par.

The next 2-3 years will be very exciting I think.

If I had to buy a phone or get a contract - with my own money - I'd get a Hero. If someone else was paying for the phone/contract/apps - I would get an iPhone. It's not what I can afford to spend on something, it's what I'm prepared to pay for it and the value and satisfaction I'll gain which matters.

can you load two apps at the same time on an iphone yet?

like I want spotify running in the background while I check directions on a map. I think the first version couldn't even do that, maybe that's changed though? Personally I like the apple hardware but there are so many things about the software that piss me off .... (even small things like having "sent from my iphone" after every email).

If I could put Android on the iphone I'd be happy.

AFAIK running 2 apps on an iphone is not possible by design. Apple consider it a security risk. So much for multi-tasking :-/
It's possible, it's just another Unix-like OS. Apple grants some applications the right to run in the background, so no, it's not easy to get it done. Unless you do what weirdo's post suggests. ;)