Hero's of TV

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

DraizeTrain

UT's Official Corrie Street Aficionado
Jun 8, 2001
Internal Exile
039_9583.jpg

What a coupla geezers eh :thumb:

Chuck Barris and The Gong Show

gongsh2.jpg

Chuck Barris is a genius, not exactl;y a hero in everyones eyes, but he was in mine.

I really really loved this show, generaly I am not a fan of things American (sorry American peeps specially Butterfinger).
The show had The Unknown Comic, Gene Gene the Dancing Machine, Jaye P Morgan, Jamie Farr... ooohhh wow was it good. I even have the spin off film on video.

Johnny Jarvis owned you all ffs

And! Going Out!!! can ne1 remember that fooker?

couldnt find any piccies tho:/
Going Out was soooooooo contreversial at the time! Swearing and everything!

shhhhheeeettttttttt yes!!
Johnny Jarvis and the weird kid with the specs?
That was cool (if its the onw I think it was), but only about 6 episodes i think. I reckon 1981/2. Goona go and do a google search now and see what I can find...

JOHNNY JARVIS (1980)
BBC

10PM DRAMA about two comprehensive school misfits, Johnny Jarvis and his weird friend Alan Lipton (who narrated the story and had a Lipton's Supermarket carrier bag on his bedroom door). Johnny shaves his head in the first episode and then tries to mug an old black woman who is having none of it. Eventually Alan forms a famous rock group. There was a punk girl called Stella as well, some dodgy East End criminal paternity storyline, and the inevitable descent into unemployment.

Alan Lipton was the speccy one...
I to shall search for pictures, If only I could dump the picture in my head, I can see Johnny JArvis and Alan Lipto so clearly!!! (yes I know, i am a freak....)

Originally posted by Hugh(_I_)Jarse
JOHNNY JARVIS (1980)
BBC

10PM DRAMA about two comprehensive school misfits, Johnny Jarvis and his weird friend Alan Lipton (who narrated the story and had a Lipton's Supermarket carrier bag on his bedroom door). Johnny shaves his head in the first episode and then tries to mug an old black woman who is having none of it. Eventually Alan forms a famous rock group. There was a punk girl called Stella as well, some dodgy East End criminal paternity storyline, and the inevitable descent into unemployment.

Alan Lipton was the speccy one...
I to shall search for pictures, If only I could dump the picture in my head, I can see Johnny JArvis and Alan Lipto so clearly!!! (yes I know, i am a freak....)

indeed:D

How about these guys:-

lenny1.jpg

Lenny Bennett & Jerry Stevens in `The Lenny & Jerry Show':D

Of course, after ditching Jerry, Lenny went on to host Punchlines...
punch-host.jpg

...and then lost all his hair, changed his name to Gary and became a professional footballer...
8522.jpg

Re: How about these guys:-

Originally posted by DraizeTrain

...and then lost all his hair, changed his name to Gary and became a professional footballer...

:rofl: astounding