Help :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WKD

mIRC slappa :(
Jun 10, 2001
reinstalled UT...and guess what, nutha one of those ping issue threads you all love:(
Basically, it spikes randomly then drops down in under 2 seocnds, no pattern at all to it just annoying...any solutions?
PC spec is in my info (i think) and running win2k....been issues with 2k and UT so i heard???
GOTY edition but not with the high-res tetxtures installed
messed rnd with netspeed to no avail:(

Are you just gonna use anyones problem to try and turn it to insult paa from now on then deadly ? I think we get the idea that you don't like him. Can't you just let someone ask about a problem just once without being so ignorant as to ignore them and rant on about paa as usual ?

Assault, aint touched it, but it in all servers that i lplay which are ictf, idm and idom :)

fact is, paa being helpful, rest of u unhelpful shits can fuck of please!

....been issues with 2k and UT so i heard???

uh, the one win2k issue you could be talkin about is a registry prob with AMD CPUs, but that only affects gamestability and counts for all 3D-games anyway (theres regfix for that about on microsoft.com).
Other than that I dont think that win2k affects network in any other way than the other OSes.
I am afraid that as far as the connection goes you can only try and set your netspeed to 8000 (max. , seeing as your on 64k ISDN line) , 5000 if youre using voicecomm along with UT.
If that doesnt help much Ive got no idea anymore as I dont know much about the network codes inside the OS itself.
Asked your ISP if theres sommat wrong?

edit: paa/deadly/humpo , can you take it somewhere else pls?

ok pruned posts that are off topic or bollox

Deadly you if your not banned allready you will be by me if you continue to post useless replys slagging off paa if your not gonna be helpfull then keep the fuck out of forums i mod
same applys to Humph

edited out paa` post trying to help aswell by accident

As some posts have got deleted ( probably best thing ) i will say one thing.

Try netspeed 5500 its by far the best for adsl/isdn to reduce lag and pl

alot of assault servers have got extremely laggy lately so not alot anyone can do about that u can try some tracerts to see if its ur end or the servers end which causes the problem can tweak mtu value's for ur conn aswell

hmmm any particular reason why it dont spike in D3D but does in opgl....yet D3D is no way as smooth :confused: :(

i am playing with 50080 netspeed indeed and its doesnt lag much than my connection produced as usual.
only thing that makes me really lag is my my upload is used by other apps.

so lisa are you sure youve nothing running in the backround? im not talking about IRC or ICQ but something like downloads or got your connection shared with other people who are surfing? all this produced terribly high pings (spikey in case of someone surfing) with my connection. so this my advise to check whther your upload is largely unused.