help with new cpu

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
Hiya :wave:

I am planning to buy a new cpu but dont know if there is a limit with my motherboard which is an Asus A8n-e

Since its a socket 939 i am planning on getting a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz Socket 939 2000MHz bus. Would this cpu work on the mobo?

good thing buying the asus a8n-e got that one myself and works like a dream.

only thing which is weird is that my mouse gives light also when the comp is turned off. guess that's the motherboard :/ nothing wrong with that actually tho.

Tnx for the help :thumb:

Yeah, i really like the mobo too, but when i turn the pc off everything shuts down. strange.... At work the dockingstation for the cellphone is lit all the time but thats only when i have separate power supply for it, do you use an usb hub for your mouse?

At my work, all newer PCs (i believe since Pentium 4 HT) have mouse lightning when the PC is shut down.

At home, not my mouse, therefore my keyboard is still lightning lol.

Last edited:
I believe only PS/2 keyboards/mouses keep their light on, if you use the setting Wake-up-on-keyboard/mouse event (or something like that) in the BIOS. It's somewhere at the ACPI or Power settings probably.