Help with D3D settings..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

stony

Mar 28, 2007
Hi folks..
I got a problem with the lights in UT.. They shine faaar 2 bright and sometimes it is rly hard to see anything.. I've tried using OpenGl and realised it laags 2 much for me, but the lights are gone.. Does anyone have any idea what the command for d3d is to "turn them off"..
Here's a sshot of what i mean...
Shot0031.jpg

I've searched alot but maybe I'm just to stupid to find something...
Please help..:hangover:

yer yer go into your preferences and turn off Coronas, those are the sunspots you see when you look at the lights m8

either ur ut.ini and search for coronas (ctrl+f duh) .. coronas=false or 0
or type "preferences" into ur console and disable coronoas there

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False //these are the pretty light effects u get around lights such as hispeed, fuck up ur vision big time
HighDetailActors=False //this just slows u down a bit, not much advantage turing it off
UseMultitexture=False //this actually helps quite a bit with better vision
DetailTextures=False //this just slows u down a bit, not much advantage turing it off

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
Brightness=0.900000 // put this pretty high (use f11 instead of editting ini file)
CurvedSurfaces=False
LowDetailTextures=True //this just slows u down a bit, not much advantage turing it off
ScreenFlashes=False //stops screenflashing when u get shot, helps a lot
Decals=False // somtimes handy, usually just distracting seeinga bit of blue body on teh floor
NoDynamicLights=True //makes the whole level have less dark spots
SkinDetail=Low //this just slows u down a bit, not much advantage turing it off
TextureDetail=Low //this just slows u down a bit, not much advantage turing it off

[Engine.GameInfo]
bLowGore=True
bVeryLowGore=True //also helps on frames cos of no blood

these settings helped me through the years

Hm... I tried those settings and again OpenGL doesn't run as "smooth" it just lags... No idea..
Tbh I'm quite happy with D3D now that the lights are out:) Just still got to make the water more transperent and voila as good as OpenGL;)
It just takes a bit longer to change from windowed mode to fullscreen but i can live with that:D

and thnx again for all these quick replies!! :)

Hm... I tried those settings and again OpenGL doesn't run as "smooth" it just lags... No idea..
Tbh I'm quite happy with D3D now that the lights are out:) Just still got to make the water more transperent and voila as good as OpenGL;)
It just takes a bit longer to change from windowed mode to fullscreen but i can live with that:D

and thnx again for all these quick replies!! :)

you need the newer opengl.dll search the forums should be about somewhere.

There have been problems with version 3.4 and some cheat protections when the server isn't set up for it. If you get this problem use v 3.2.

!dig about opengl 3.4 how do you disable the light circles around lights/lamps etc and how do you disable that everything looks blue under water and so you can't see sh't :P .??

!dig about opengl 3.4 how do you disable the light circles around lights/lamps etc and how do you disable that everything looks blue under water and so you can't see sh't :P .??

If u mean the lightcircles like in the first screenshot then they are disabled by disabling coronas as said before @ begining of thread ;)
but dunno about the water... i just avoid maps with alot of water:P