[HELP] Issue with Sniper Zoom

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ThaZouk

~dzz~
Jan 10, 2007
Hello there,

I bought a new laptop and since then i cant play ut cause im having this issue with sniper zoom, here's what happen:

When i push the zoom to snipe and i change weapon while zumming my ut just crash's or remains zoomed ...

And well cant see anything at all ...

Is there anyway to solve this ?

Ive tryed to play in OGL and D3D same problem ...

I know its related with user.ini cause the only way to switch to normal mode is to delete old user and creat a new one ...

Here's a possible solution just dont know how to do it or if its possible

Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon impacthammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=hammer)

Same way we do it here with the "OnRelease" but to sniper zoom ... like on release make it normal so that way when we release the zoom buttom it goes to normal so it wont crash ( something like that i dont know really just wanted to play some decent ut lol funny better computer gets worst ut goes :S )

Thanks for any help and sorry for my shit english ...

I had the same problem but I noticed it was due to the new patch for ut, version 451 instead of the 436 i actually have. Then I just had to reinstall UT without installing 451 patch and keeping the 436 one (that is the original version).

ok ill try that, questio its possible to play in league servers with that version ( cause for me some of the servers says that are running 451 )

Ok so now Zoom is fixed but now i seem to be playing in slow motion ...

lol

I run windows Vista cause my laptop came with it and cant instal XP cause fucking sony dont have drivers ...

So how can i run a decent UT99 in a windows ...

My Specs ( laptop ):

Intel Core 2 duo t7200
2 gigs 667 ram ddr2
8400 GT graphics by nvidia

Any ideas ?

ALREADY:

put the frames rate and refresh rate to 60 like the screen limit ...
tryed to cut CPU 0

Ok so now Zoom is fixed but now i seem to be playing in slow motion ...

lol

I run windows Vista cause my laptop came with it and cant instal XP cause fucking sony dont have drivers ...

So how can i run a decent UT99 in a windows ...

My Specs ( laptop ):

Intel Core 2 duo t7200
2 gigs 667 ram ddr2
8400 GT graphics by nvidia

Any ideas ?

ALREADY:

put the frames rate and refresh rate to 60 like the screen limit ...
tryed to cut CPU 0

erm lol..can't help u with this kind of technological stuff :rofl:

well omfg ... with 451 i can play normal but no sniper zoom with the other its like slow motion...

Anyway if anyone know a possible solution ;) just leave it here pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And thanks guys for the help so far . :thumb:

well i realise this zoom bug only happens in league AS servers

in DM or CTF servers zoom works perfeclty so actually seems to be a leagueAS + 451 problem

Dont use UTPG 451 or 440, they are meant for server installs. Our league servers I think have a minimum client requirement of 432 its either that or 436 no matter what server version they are running.

To get rid of your fast/slow UT try Timos Affinity exe here extract it to UT/system folder and either rename it to unrealtournament.exe or copy your UT.ini to unrealtournament_0x1.ini.

There will be drivers for your laptop under XP, Sony wont support it so wont give you any links for them but each of the manufacturers for the components will have XP drivers available from their sites or under windows update.

Mym ur the man ... :P
Now its working perfectly with that file you just had there
thanks alot

well he did solve mine ...

But you guys also helped so i just have to be thankfull to all ;)