Hello there..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Neo

Jun 8, 2001
Solihull, UK
Hey everyone, ive just installed UT on my laptop for some old skool memory stimulating action but i have a slight issue... for whatever reason that I cant figure out my UT wants to run at about 180% game speed... this is kinda funny offline but online the server done wanna go that fast so i cant move properly or do shit i just get lagged and stuck in walls n stuff lmao :rofl:

Has anyone seen this before? Ive tried using RaMps ini, which helped but its still fucked :(

hello Neo m8! Is this a comeback??? :P Nice to see you back for some action.

Ok, about ur problem, are you using a TFT monitor??? Well i do, and I had a similar problem, it had to do with the monitors Power schemes that you can set in the classic view control panel in xp. If i had the one scheme on that saved energy i got the same "lag" effects as those you mentioned. So i just put it back to the " always on" mode. I hope this helps a bit :)

Reactions: Alias
Biebel said:
hello Neo m8! Is this a comeback??? :P Nice to see you back for some action.

Ok, about ur problem, are you using a TFT monitor??? Well i do, and I had a similar problem, it had to do with the monitors Power schemes that you can set in the classic view control panel in xp. If i had the one scheme on that saved energy i got the same "lag" effects as those you mentioned. So i just put it back to the " always on" mode. I hope this helps a bit :)
he has a laptop with a build-in CRT screen. :lol:

Reactions: Biebel
Have you checked in you UnrealTournament.ini if your game speed is set to : GameSpeed=1.000000

Hello Damo you degenerate

VSYNC=False

anyway i still have you old ut.ini and user.ini if you want them

what laptop and graphics card has it got?

Hey Richy!! :D

Ive tried that, with it off it goes even faster lol i need to keep it on me thinks. Erm I have a Sony VAIO VGN-B3VP, Centrino 1.6 and a Intel 82852 64Mb thingie for me graphics.

How u doin fs? :)

off is on remeber in UT or false is true
what ever

il email your inis to you or just post um om the ion forums

lo Neo, don't know if u still know my name, but nice to see you back :thumb:

I've had a same sort of problem with my UT on my laptop, but with me it was running too slow. Somebody told me to try something tho and that helped. Right click ur UnrealTournament.exe (or the shortcut u use), go to the shortcut properties, and fill this in at target:

D:\Games\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -CPUSPEED=1730

with ofcourse your own directory and your own CPU speed in MhZ.

gl! hope it works :D

Neo said:
Hey everyone, ive just installed UT on my laptop for some old skool memory stimulating action but i have a slight issue... for whatever reason that I cant figure out my UT wants to run at about 180% game speed... this is kinda funny offline but online the server done wanna go that fast so i cant move properly or do shit i just get lagged and stuck in walls n stuff lmao :rofl:

Has anyone seen this before? Ive tried using RaMps ini, which helped but its still fucked :(
happened to me, posted here, noone knew what it was, reïnstalled and messed around a bit, now it works fine again...

Always happens with laptops and Intel processors due to the "intelligent" power usage control. The fix Black Ninja mentioned will sort it.