Heeeellllpppp mmmmeeeeeee!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hector

What? No, I'm asking you, what?
Nov 6, 2001
London
I'm gonna do some in depth homework on the customs this w/e... ya'll could probably give me a head start by letting me know any favourite online resources for the on-standard league maps.

And anything else you think I need or should know. :dunce: :stupid:

If i was u, i'd run practice matches against bots. Being bots they wont do any launches tricks etc and will run the map as it was intended. This will give u time to learn layouts which is the most important issue here atm. I can remember trying to learn the customs `online'. Sometimes the maps could be completed very quickly and i didnt have a fucking clue what had happened :lol:

Quite a few of the customs have teleport systems for the defenders. Its vital 2 know these inside out...bit boring i know but its gotta be done.

Jolt 3 & 4 seem 2 be the best servers currently running customs although, strangely, not including the GuardiaAL map...which is a shame imho :(

No probs, I ws going to do that anyway. I was thinking about launching shortcuts and things that are so obvious they're hidden, etc.

Someone posted that they hated Overlord for weeks because of the mortars until someone advised them to 'look up' LOL.

Aaaallllsssssooooooooo, do you use any comms in the way of mics?

Tbh, we cant tell u about the launches we know...we have to actually show u. I'll speak to John about arranging an early time practice session :)

Aaaallllsssssooooooooo, do you use any comms in the way of mics?
Im assuming ur talking about Roger Wilco or similar. Well, yes we have dabbled but havnt decided on anything concrete yet...had a few problems so still in the development stage :lol:

Nice one.

And yeah to RW. We used it a fair bit in [DBM] with success. Lot easier to warn Tms about campers, snipers, etc, and change tactics on the fly.

W3rd!

roger the dodger

practice arranged for next thursday at 8 on server 3 - will post full details in the praccy thread shortly....

we could have another roger wilco try out then - but we need someone with a reliable machine and conn to act as the server...any volunteers?

I'll volunteer to be server-meister it but if the other tossers are still around here I'll have to shut down my mic and just listen.

What problems have you had previously?

well personally it just makes my ut more unstable than it already is, and if the server goes down it takes me with it lol. i know that is the same for draize as well....

but its def worth trying again....

Well unless they're hammering this conn I should be alright. It's a 2 MB SSDL.:mischief:

I've seriously never experienced any problems rogering wilco other than attempting to interpret the regional accents of my compadres.:uhh: :D

HI CK,

Yes m8, you do:) If you've read the DBM-HQ board recently 'dead down the drain' you'd know.

PFCT;