Hammerjump bind UT3!?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ba]V[sE

Mar 13, 2002
Sweden
Hmmz cant get hammerjumpbind work correctly in UT3, someone any suggestion?

There is two ways to use hammerbind:
1: Load up hammer with one button push/release, so it stays loaded after the, then release hammer with another push/release.
2: Load hammer while pressing the button then release hammer when you release button.

:satan:

this is my hammerbind:
Bindings=(Name="MaxTest0",Command="switchweapon 1 | Button bFire | StartFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="middlemousebutton",Command="MaxTest0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

it lets the hammer charge and stay armed, then u could release it with the firebutton.
remind that the firebutton release it though: onrelease!
didnt get a hammerbind combined with jump comand or any onrelease cmd workin.

the key u would use must be checked for systembinded cmd's and though console: setbind "keyname" none
u could delete systemcmd's.

like in germankeyboard the : Ö
it was the console key since ut2k4 and fucked me up so i had to put that key outta my keyboard :P
but now in ut3: setbind Tilde none
and the key is free and bindable to other cmd's

here my weaponswitchbinding for mini/pulse and bio/flak its only a bindedswitchfunction but worx ;) :

Bindings=(Name="PipeA0",Command="switchweapon 5 | setbind G PipeB0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="PipeB0",Command="switchweapon 6 | setbind G PipeA0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="G",Command="PipeB0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="PipeC0",Command="switchweapon 3 | setbind F PipeD0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="PipeD0",Command="switchweapon 7 | setbind F PipeC0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F",Command="PipeD0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

hope my post is helpfully
i dont like the way the things must be set in ut3engine inis
also the mousespeed and the accel is fooked.
i changed all smooth and accel options included the accel mouseA .. recommended settings but my mousemovin feels still not hard and directly enuff

I want hammer bind with jump, but maybe it helps some other! :)

About mouse acc/speed, i used the settings in my tweak thread the *new one
and it feels really stiff and hardcore. I also use 1280x1024 with 100hz and 100fps stable on my computer!

Things that might make the mouse feel soft:
1: When FPS change, there is a bug in UT3 that change the mouse feeling when FPS change
so a stable 60 is better than jumpy 80-60..
2: If you have a flat monitor and it cant handle the flow, more noticed in faster games and when you move mouse fast around!

:satan:

yeah i did it like the new acceloff tweak.
im on CRT 85Hz and use 1152x864
i set dis refreshrate to 85 and min des too.
that must be enuff cos ut3 "only" have a 90fps cap online.
but mouse still feels a bit lagg.
when i use mini and snipe i feel it most.

for the hammer+jump i think there must be a switchfunct made. like the weaponswitch.
so onpress it ll loads up and onrelease itll jump and release hammer.
or better loadhammer u could release thebutton and on 2.press it will releaseHammer + jumpin.
there are stilll some other uscriptcmd's needed except the ones which r kown i think.

every try i did with jump onrelease like that:
Bindings=(Name="MaxTest0",Command="switchweapon 1 | StartFire | OnRelease StopFire | Jump",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="middlemousebutton",Command="MaxTest0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

i allways jump when i press button, but it should do it "onrelease" .
dunno why, but thats why i think u have to bind it in a switchfunct cos it wont take the onrelease jump.

i will try it in this way:

Bindings=(Name="MaxTest0",Command="switchweapon 1 | StartFire | setbind middlemousebutton MaxTest10",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="MaxTest10",Command="StopFire | Jump | setbind middlemousebutton MaxTest0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

this seems to function now! :D
butnot proper enuff, cos i will allways jump 1,5 player height higher doin it without bind.
maybe sumone can work that out or has some ideas to solve that.

Last edited: