Half-Life 2: New Screenshots

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nephilim

Jun 8, 2001
I thought I'd share this with you: I always thought HL2 looked much more realistic than e.g. Doom3 (D3 also looks nice, dont get me wrong, but it looks too artificial) - and I guess I have found images that support my claim.

http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/sigg04/

:eek: goodbye Doom3!

phl_c17_Slide08_hi.jpg

wow that's impressive :eek: i knew that doom 3 would be shit (at least for my taste, but to my surprise also for others), but i expect HL2 to be the game doom3 was supposed to be.

I forgot to add, you shouldnt expect the final game to look like this, these are still images rendered for that developers conference (Next Generation Game Visuals) and the final game wont be looking just *exactly* like this.
Nonetheless, these pictures show what the engine (or today's developers) is capable of - and they show that pretty darn good, tbh.

I'll clarify that previous post of mine, I guess.
I didnt think Apoc would be the only one who actually looked at the images properly, but , oh well...

the pages with the same headlines show a) real photos and b) rendered images with the same scenery, for comparison purposes. The picture I linked directly in the first post here is a photo, on the next page(s) they show you a rendered "Infrastructure" setting. Still looks mint IMO.
but I really thought more of you guys would see that :p

One day we will be able to play movies :eek: or even recreate real life events to play them to our own end... where will it end :confused:

I have money ready to buy HL2, I can't wait its gonna be amazing :D

Ok, a Radeon 98000000000XT+++++ with a few Terrabytes memory would prolly be able to at least start the game...

bye bye Pacman, Bubble bobble and all other games... even UT? I think not :)

sneez said:
When will HL 2 be released?

HL2's release date has be reschceduled like 20 times so who knows :P

btw must agree with TuT, to play it u'll need super computer :(

Last edited:
:lol:

Snuggs and SX.
I ain´t got it installed but i might got it somewhere...

Just popped up in the head really. Old classic game. Cool as hell when playing together :)
Or at least back then... :D

HL2 is supposed to be released this year (september?), but theyve postponed the release so often that you cant trust em anymore IMO.

Last news I read is that they want to start the preloading per steam really soon, like this or next week - but thats one among many rumors.