GuardiaXE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

PingKing

Nov 19, 2001
Hull, UK
For some unknown reason, i decided to disect and "reconbobulate" Guardia to make it a little fairer to the attackers.

It's called AS-GuardiaXE (xoof edition) and i have reconstructed various bottleneck areas. The original map is still very much apparent and there are no weapons changes from the original.

If you're interested, download it and give it a go. It'd be interesting to see how it played with all human players so if anyone fancies slappin it on a server that'd be sweet, drop me a PM.

Here are some images of the most reconstructed sections:

guardiaxe0.jpg

guardiaxe1.jpg

guardiaxe2.jpg

guardiaxe3.jpg

Don't ask why i did it, i just did! Guardia's a fave of mine and thought it was time a re-make was undertaken. It's nothing like the GuardiaAL remake, it's the original map with nobs on and a few suprises!

Enjoy!

well it looks good and is fairer for attackers but there are no new respwanpoints for attackers? and no changed respawnpoints for def?

in that case the spam and the impossibility of completing the map stays the same in my eyes.

It's amazing, the lengths people go to to make a shit maps remotely playable.

So let me get this striaght; a good map is one that can be done in 30 secs? Sorry, just don't share that view. Answer me this:

Is it not the most rewarding and susprising outcome when you win a map of Guardia at any level?

Just because you have to work for victory dosen't mean it's impossible. The original Guardia was too intense as it was far too restricting in terms of fighting space, but it was a change from the sniper city of Overlord, all it needed was a slight re-work.

I didn't want to rebuild it from scratch as it has a lot of unique charm and i wanted to keep that intact.

Misery: you're probably right about the spawn points, i really wanted to aviod the spawn room and teleporter affair of GuardiaAL as it just didn't feel right and the attackers do have to travel a fair old way from the cave to the garage. But i can't really comment further until it's been played and tested 6 on 6.

If you can pull the hummer jump off (with the aide of the body armour and/or a helpful team mate) then the defense must be aware of this and must post a man in the garage at all times, giving the attackers a slight numerical advantage on a charge (if the teams are fair).

Have another little explore :)

Last edited:
PingKing said:
Have another little explore :)

uuuhm if u mean that tunnel that goes from cavern to garage, i already figured that out:P
i think it will be less spammy, but arent there already 2 much guardia's around?
Guardia, GuardiaAL, Guardia][, GuardiaSV, GuardiaEq (Tnx for reminding me:D) and now GuardiaXE.
Well we just have to see what people think about it.

Last edited:
lol never knew there were so many, was only aware of the original and AL, oh well, i enjoyed messing about with it anyway!

that bridge to garage should idd be bigger or doubled, so maybe that u can walk to mini's :)
and that garage should maybe be diffi too.. since that switch is spamfull too.. maybe double lifts?

Haha pld Jay!! I like very much, spamm yet looks fun :thumb:
btw welcome back long time no see :D

heheh hi m8, yeah long time out of it all, i've taken on board suggestions and will post an udate later 2nite. Not sure what to do with the spawns tho, the bridge will now link up with the mini gun room also and the doorway into the garage will be much wider and maybe higher too, what should be done with the switch and/or spawn placements? Ideas please if u can be bothered!

well I like in guardiaeq the new spawn for attackers in the flak room.
of course this respawnpoint and the one at the pulse cannon should be then deactivated for defenders.
so u reduce spam
a second entry for the attackers to the final cavern should also be in.

i would also add a second part (maybe an outside part, after lava bridge), so the map is longer. and in this outside part the final cave with multiple ways to enter (roof, side entrance etc.)
i will think about something which fits to the guardia flair but of course than it aint the original guardia anymore

but trust me, the original guardia cant be made playable without a complete new structure (new outside part etc.)

Jay you twat, pm me your mobile number.

You still havent been to shop yet

nice work Jay .. you allways wanted to rebuild gardia nd asteno..... guess you did it :)

i got yer icq btw just busy with family atm will say hello next time i see you online :)

Reactions: PingKing
Nice job, dude. Minimal amount of editing for maximus amount of better gameplay. Few things though:

Cons
1. Some of the architecture that you created doesn' tmatch the rest of the map.
2. There's no armor, and you need armor to get up the vent near the Pulse Gun.
3. The number one thing you need to do to get rid of spam: get rid of the FLAK Cannon. I would suggest only have the Sniper Rifle, Pulse Gun, and Shock Rifle.

Pros
1. The widening of the passages is very effective I think.
2. I definitely like the available secret passage... but most of them are impossible to get to, aren't they?

Suggestions
1. Possibly add the extra wing to the entire structure, like in Guardia][.
2. Add an underground passage like in GuardiaAL and add a Shield Belt. (Possibly put an AsbestosSuit in there so it's only accessible by one attacker at a time. This would allow the attacker the option to either jump into the lava and use that secret passage above the Pulse Gun.)
3. Add a secret passage to the ceiling above the Flak Cannon.
4. Put health and possibly armor in the secret passages.

Reactions: pykenike
AtmaDragon said:
Well atmadragon if u looked good u could see a body armor at the cavern on the LEFT side:D (see screenies above)
Just take a look m8 its near the vent.

Last edited:
AtmaDragon said:
Nice job, dude. Minimal amount of editing for maximus amount of better gameplay. Few things though:

Cons
1. Some of the architecture that you created doesn' tmatch the rest of the map.
3. The number one thing you need to do to get rid of spam: get rid of the FLAK Cannon. I would suggest only have the Sniper Rifle, Pulse Gun, and Shock Rifle.

Pros
1. The widening of the passages is very effective I think.
2. I definitely like the available secret passage... but most of them are impossible to get to, aren't they?

Suggestions
1. Possibly add the extra wing to the entire structure, like in Guardia][.
2. Add an underground passage like in GuardiaAL and add a Shield Belt. (Possibly put an AsbestosSuit in there so it's only accessible by one attacker at a time. This would allow the attacker the option to either jump into the lava and use that secret passage above the Pulse Gun.)
3. Add a secret passage to the ceiling above the Flak Cannon.
4. Put health and possibly armor in the secret passages.

Heres my suggestion to you. Putting a shock and sheildbelt on guardia is a great thing, especially for defence. Its not like we`ve ever tried that and hell, thats why we all love the current guardia so much :rolleyes: Btw in case you didnt know, shock spamms better than flack. Why the fuck put and asbestossuit in there? And why make it impossible for the defenders now? o_O My pros and cons to you.

Ok here's the latest version with a completely new and open garage, i've tested it with my mate and a few bots and it seems ok but thats not a good test really:

guardiaxe4.jpg

guardiaxe5.jpg

guardiaxe6.jpg

This version was created before i read the new posts above so i haven't been ignorant of suggestions, i just didn't read them before i came up with this version.

Feedback would nice again as you have all been doing so far :)

Dave i'll be in touch soon mate!