Guantanamo hell

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

just seen a report on tv about this shit

they really do kick human rights like dirt - the accomplishment of centuries
and we as their ally turn a blind eye to it

dont know if it had been said before but they rent that place in cuba so they re outside of the USA - therefore their own laws dont apply

Sorry to dig up my own thread :D

To follow up to my rantings about Guantanamo bay, I noticed a BBC news item on the US Supreme court ruling on Monday.
As expected - and as fervently hoped by civil liberties lawyers - the US Supreme Court has ruled that Guantanamo Bay is not a legal black hole.
Amnesty International press release
The US administration chose the Guantánamo naval base as a location to hold indefinitely, hundreds of those it designated as "enemy combatants" because it believed that it could keep them out of the reach of the federal courts. Today's decision punctures this assumption," Amnesty International continued.

Suprisingly, the US Courts have decided that the current Bush administration cannot exploit a legal technicality and deny people their human rights in Cuba or anywhere else in the world.

This is good news for the detainees of prisoners around the world who will now be tried more fairly in humane conditions. Bad news for Bush for obvious reasons.

It was nearly a year ago that I started this thread about people who had been in prison without charge for too long already... :(

Last edited:
Gen76 said:
USA is rules by a smal group of very rich ppl, same families who have been at it for dacades.theres nothing good or right about the US and certainly not free as they like to proclaim so often.

yep :nod:

sorry 4 staying offtopic about Guantanamo

but 1 day u realize all that we live in a "bladerunner-world"....
goverments ? are only to calm and control the small countryman and workers

there´s a game running behind a big certain.....

i know a old interview that i read years ago
some1 interviewed Hitler (long be4 the war) about his position and thinking and his plans

he said:

"i´m not the top, i´m only a puppet.
there are higher people than me that control the "game" of the world.

look through history books of the last centuries and see which familys and groups are the winners.
(even Krupp in germany was a winner FFS :mad: )

what i want to say with that

yes it´s shit what happens around the world
and yes we have to spell it out !!!

but the problem of our world is not that there are a few peeps without rights on a island

the problem of this world is that there is a small group of peeps doing what they want and play their game with us all
to get money money money money money and power power power

we vote 4 a few peeps .. "our goverment" lool ffs
but what does it ?? it f00ks and control the small peeps ---> "give them bread and games"

as long as we and the rest of the small stupid peeps of the world go on with ignoringf the thruth

....there will be no change in this world :(

(sorry 4 crap english :P )

Last edited:
as for Guantanamo hell unless u got cia,pentagon contacts u only know wot the media tells ya ,and as for blair and co compared to thatcher and co i`ll stick with blair ,even tho personelly i was better off moneywise with thatcher,i cant see y ppl r bitching about blair imo he`s the most honest pm we`ve had :moon:

Sorry to dig up old threads, but further developments on the Guantanamo situation, at least for the British people involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4204041.stm

BBC News said:
The last four British men held as terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay have arrived back in the UK, after almost three years in US custody.
They've just come back into the UK, and have been arrested in accordance with our new anti-terrorist laws.

Also from the BBC time-line on this event:
BBC News said:
27 October - Four of the former British detainees launch a lawsuit against the US government. In the first action of its kind, Shafiq Rasul, Asif Iqbal, Rhuhel Ahmed and Jamal al-Harith each demand £5.5m, alleging torture and other human rights violations.

A Pentagon official says the allegations are false and the men are not entitled to a payout because they were captured "in combat".

So, it is likely given that the previous Guantanamo prisoners released by the US to the UK, who were immediatly arrested under the same laws as I mentioned above, will also be innocent and released. They've later been freed (I don't remember hearing that in the press!) and are now attempting to sue the US Goverment.. who is now denying they have any rights even though they were found to be innocent. If you are British and innocent - the US Goverment doesn't think it's unfair to detain you for 3 years of torture. Just so you know.

Doesn't this make any of you scared? Wrongful arrest has ceased to exist internationally, since the US can extridite and charge you without evidence or any ensuring your human rights.

None of this seems to be damaging to the USAs credibility or reputation, they don't seem to care. If they can get away with this quasi-legal concentration camp system - what is next? Or am I just over reacting...

:( :( :(

i agree as soon as a society is willing to place ppl under arrest without trial and then detain them for several years things will go horribly wrong. I think this is a direct result of bush's administration and thats why the 4 might aswell not sue
When they arrest you you're fucked and as long as they think you are a threat, or as long as the red tape keeps you in jail.

But with bush's regime just lasting a couple more years there is a decent chance of getting some compensasion , and we all know that such a lawsuit might mean serious money.