Gta 4

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Kaka

TNT
Jun 9, 2005
Netherlands
Anyone got it already? I did.. it pwnz :D

Too bad the co op aint for offline tho, i cba to pay for xboxlive.. maybe ill try some cracked server later

:P

i cba to pay for xboxlive..

I don't know anything about Xbox besides the rrod and the different Live versions.
Doesn't the free version let you play online aswell? silver and gold or so ?

I don't know anything about Xbox besides the rrod and the different Live versions.
Doesn't the free version let you play online aswell? silver and gold or so ?
No. Silver lets you browse XBL and gives you access to the XBL Store where you can buy addons/demos/games/movies etc. Gold lets you play online over XBL and has a monthly fee whereas Silver is free of charge.

No. Silver lets you browse XBL and gives you access to the XBL Store where you can buy addons/demos/games/movies etc. Gold lets you play online over XBL and has a monthly fee whereas Silver is free of charge.

That's totally not hetero.
How does this work on the playstation 3 network? Anybody knows?

have to wait a year till it's going to be released for the PC.. :/

I have a ps3 now and i sold the 360 i used to have for a marsbar and a beer.

I could have kept both, but i didnt really c the point since im not a game`o`holic anymore. But i cant in all honesty find anything on the 360 that the ps3 doesnt pwn. The ps3 beats the 360 hands down on any of the offline functions.The fact that online gaming is free is enough for me to say that also beats the 360.
I dont know y u think its shitier menace, mebby u could give some reasons?

I didnt have the elite one, but i doubt that would make much dif.

If u are one of those that think M$ sux because of things pertaining to windows then u need a headcheck if ur pro 360.

Also the 360 has an alarmingly high defect rate.I met some guys who worked for M$ on the 360 when i was in prague last summer and they warned me firmly not to buy a 360.They had to recall 4000000 units of the prev batch.

I personally didnt even get to play one game before my first one died! I think it took little over an hour after plugging it in.

What ppl like about which ever console iks subjective, a m8 of mine thinks the 360 looks better.He has ps3, 360 and wii.....go figure.

-I happen to think the ps3 looks great in the living room.
-It has a very good bluray drive.
-Controls are wireless and rechargable, unlike the welcome back to the 80s battery controlers the 360 uses.
-The streaming of music and video actually works on the ps3, it also plays divx.And it has the new audio standard which i know nothing about, but im sure its sound.*snicker*
-The gui is alot better.
-Gfx are better since u have hdmi, the 360 i had didnt.

And last since the 360 is M$ and since they have 100% control over what they provide in content and hw, they dont have to comply with the likes of the EU.So u get the special up the ass treatment we know and love M$ for.

Last edited:
After HD-DVD lost against BlueRay, the grave for the X-Box 360 has been dug alrdy.

have to wait a year till it's going to be released for the PC.. :/
One year? Thought "just" 6 months :confused:

Nice comparing the consoles Gen, was thinking of buying an Xbox but i'm going to reconsider it.

@ Bart > pc version hasn't even been announced yet, and mostly (Vice City & San Andreas) the pc version is released about a year later over the console version.. :/

One year omdz, I hope my current pc will be able to run it properly :lol:
And yes, I keep hearing more and more good things about ps3. The start was really bad but now they are getting a hold of the market :P I still won't buy it since I got my pc.

PSN is shittier than XBL (which is also shitty in comparison to PC gaming) because it's a lot less accessible in many ways. PSN, or at least the online games I've played on it were mostly laggy and took ages to set up (ever tried Tekken online?) XBL just seems more streamlined and stuff seems easier to do, with less time wasted and less asspain as a result.

Having said that, I must admit that I base my opinions on XBL solely on having seen XBL in action for several hours (I don't own an XBOX, and never will, as it's shit :p:) but my opinions on PSN are from actually using PSN on the PS3 myself for a while. Also, the PS3 is not mine, it's my brothers (I'd never buy a PS3 myself, obviously, as its shit)

And before anyone tries: no I don't own a Wii, and never would....... because it's shit.

posted elsewhere..

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/g.../a-20080430102550859040/g-2006051014323586065

Not sure if you know but the Daily Mail is the UK's print version of Fox News, as in most of the stuff they print is either a) lies, b) scaremongering, c) bile, d) hate or e) ridiculous or f) more lies.

Dude that got stabbed wasn't even a customer according to an employee; and having occurred in Croydon, the stabbing doesn't surprise me one bit.

In fact, according to our source, it seems that the stabbing incident itself did not even take place near the GameStation store, as reported by many news outlets, but nearly a quarter of a mile away in the area of East Croydon Station.

Ridiculous reporting.

Another source disputing the panic media:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/vdunet/20080430/ttc-grand-theft-auto-stabbing-disputed-6315470.html

@ Bart > pc version hasn't even been announced yet, and mostly (Vice City & San Andreas) the pc version is released about a year later over the console version.. :/
The cycle is just about 7 months.

E.g. Releases of previous GTAs:
SA: 26. Oct 2004 (PS2), 7. June 2005 (PC, Xbox)
VC: Sep 2002 (PS2), 15. May 2003 (PC)
3: 22. Oct 2001 (PS2), 21. May 2002 (PC)

Let's hope they will keep up in that way.
Read alrdy several times that it should hit the stores in october/november.
Could also be just another false information, like so much else in internet ;)

Everyone these days is afraid of the piracy scene though...
Although that might have something to do with all the good developers only making games for consoles, then farting out a poorly done PC port 7 (give or take) months later and wondering why nobody buys their shit when the hype/interest has died down.

I'll just settle all my hopes on Spore for a game I can spend money on without feeling butthurt.

Everyone these days is afraid of the piracy scene though...
Although that might have something to do with all the good developers only making games for consoles, then farting out a poorly done PC port 7 (give or take) months later and wondering why nobody buys their shit when the hype/interest has died down.

:wave: Assassin's Creed

I cba with GTA anymore though, it's getting worrying with trying to outdo itself shock-wise with each new game. Soon they'll be putting in minigames about impaling babies on spikes.