GRZ ban/maps/admins discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont u delete all of his maps Martz? Or Relax? U arent allowing him to the league, but your still using his maps? Thats odd man. Ban him or not. Use his maps or not. U are using maps of a racist Martz (as u say), u are using the maps of someone who isnt allowed to be here. It just doesnt make sense.

He willingly contributed his maps to the league, in which he was a player. The maps aren't his - they are the league's now. It's like giving someone lots of presents, falling out with them, then taking back everything you ever gave them.
His contribution of maps is totally separate from his forum activities and posts. And I think Grz is big enough to realise that - he could have asked or demanded that all his maps be removed from the league when he got his ban, but he didn't. Presumably because he isn't that small-minded.

Sorry but that's bullshit. The maps are still his, not the leagues. In fact many a time have we said "we can't make alteration x on bridge/riverbed/etc because we don't own the map".

Apart from that foolish comment im not getting into it either way :). :boxing:

Reactions: Turha.
i could write a lot on this topic...
but i'll shorten it: i am really curious how a poll would decide:

- antimerc-system
or
- new maps

i know what my vote would be...

Pete said:
(...) Oh yeah, another point. Why dont u delete all of his maps Martz? Or Relax? (...) Use his maps or not. U are using maps of a racist Martz (as u say), u are using the maps of someone who isnt allowed to be here. It just doesnt make sense.
us germans are also still using hitlers autobahns :hammer:
:uhh:

jwer_NL said:
He has a chance right now doesn't he? posting under zyx's account... to me he doesn't show he has improved his behiour or thinks he was wrong in the passed, he could have PM'd martz or rel@x privately to apologise to them, something tells me he hasn't.

1) he don't post under my name.... i post it not him
2) from what i understood the pm relax sent me the forum admins aren't gonna unban GRZ even if he would apoligize (i can be wrong here)

Useless said:
He willingly contributed his maps to the league, in which he was a player. The maps aren't his - they are the league's now.

Not true he never donated the maps. He let the league use him they are still his...
He never had a contract or whatever with UTA admins :P.
So like a freelancer who did some work for some company and then they don't require his services anymore. He is also allowed to take his work with him and deny them use of this work.

Anywayz it's ur own loss when GRZ don't wanna make more maps for the league, you'll soon have to test my n00b map :P :moon:

Last edited:
Zyx said:
GRZ don't wanna make more maps for the league

so he's saying FU to the league, not to the individuals now. Then he's saying FU to me too. Whatta hell has this league nad the communtity done to him so wrong. he can still play the league, right?

This topic is full of shit and should be closed / deleted imo. All this is just giving bad vibes to people.

I have also contributed to this community in my own way, not even close the value as GRZ had, but enough that I know how it's like. It's rewarding on one side, time-consuming and labouring on the other. But still I fail to see the logic behind all this crap.

As I said, this is SO full of shit. Wake up.

I really really wanted to see Golgotha ][ :( and now it's all this unban vs. ban realationship politics mishmash shit. Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit who's right or wrong on the old crap, and just WANT to play the game?

Useless said:
He willingly contributed his maps to the league, in which he was a player. The maps aren't his - they are the league's now. It's like giving someone lots of presents, falling out with them, then taking back everything you ever gave them.
His contribution of maps is totally separate from his forum activities and posts. And I think Grz is big enough to realise that - he could have asked or demanded that all his maps be removed from the league when he got his ban, but he didn't. Presumably because he isn't that small-minded.
He did.
He threatened legal action if the league continued to use his maps.
As his maps are in the public domain they were not removed at the time.

Think he's been banned long enough, and i see he uses his best intentions, think you should lift his ban, and perhaps then rather make his post moderated, so they have to go through an admin first, although that might show who's having the real grudge against who?

One thing is for sure, if Grz doesn't want his maps played in this league, you have to remove them. Unless the admins desire to become massive hypocrites. You say his maps are in public domain, yet you can't do anything with other maps because you "need the authors permission to do things with maps?" (see bridge underwater spawn point thread). Could the admins please clarify their position? Otherwise, I can see why he is banned, but for goodnes sake the league (and associated elements) have waivered bans in the past or reduced them. Martz makes it sound a bit personal rather than "this is the leagues decision". But in the end the admins can decide either way and its their choice, but please admins dont make it one rule for someone and another rule for someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felerian
was kinda expecting this when i saw the map poll, i myself have no problems with ppl having more right ideas, guess in this crazy world there always will be some. But what angers me and what imo justifies the ban is not those ideas but his racist insults against ppl in this league and in the admin team.

You can have your opinion and you can share it with everybody and ppl wont mind but when you start using ethnic slurs you'll get an appropiate response, so it is in real life and so it is deffo in this community. Not cos ppl think you are a wanker but to make sure the rest of us can enjoy this game without ppl trying to fuck it up for others.

speaking for myself, you can shove your map for all i care, i rather play a 1000 more guardia's then tolerate your BS to play a new map. Unless of course you have seen the error of your ways and would like to apologise to all the ppl you insulted with your racist remarks, then again YOU prolly wont admit you did anything wrong in the first place.

btw without a unreal editor commerical license, which cost a pretty penny it can be an ugly lawsuit. then you have to consider the different countries they are in which makes legal action even more difficult and prolly expensive.
But hey i respect his decision if he does.

I would vote for giving him a chance but I'm probably too tolerant. We gave troah far too many chances and got nothing out of it apart from a lot of slurs and him getting banned all over the place. I would think that letting him post but requiring moderator preview for the first month and then fully unbanning him in exchange for good behaviour and an apology for whatever "sins" he has commited before would be reasonable. But anyway, it would be nice if we could at least see what he was banned for, would make this a whole lot easier to judge. I would like too see his new maps but grz mate, I don't know you but trying to use your maps to force your way back into the league again aint the way to go about it mate. On the whole admin thing, psy was a good admin untill very recently, nobody could predict that he would suddenly turn bad, not an error of judgement at all really.

i just dont see why people think you can give out a map to the public and then when you feel like it demand it to be removed from a league.
you dont see musicians go to a newspaper and declare that no one is allowed to hear their songs anymore either.
once the map is public its for everyone to play, its a common good to use, however making changes to it needs the authors permission so there really is absolutely nothing hypocritical about the admin teams position on this.
also what grz may have said or done to other people of this community doesnt have anything to do with his maps. any adult person should be able to abstract a map from the ideals of the individual who made it. as mentioned before soem of the highways built under hitlers regime are still used to today, you wouldnt call a pacifist who drives on those highways rather than taking the country road a hypocrit i hope.

Reactions: kooma and Stylefish
Status
Not open for further replies.