Grafix Cards

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

SkullSquasher

Aug 6, 2001
Scotty Land
Ok i am just interested in other peoples views on this and maybe advice for myself ;), ok saying u was in the market for buying a new grafix card and wanted either a geforce fx5900 ultra 256mb or a radeon 9800pro 256mb,what would you guys say is the best buy?

both were tested on ut2003 ,and was agreed these r the best 2 out atm,nothing between em ,maybe a slight edge towards the radeon on peformance but the updates on gf drivers r better :moon:

Last edited:
SkullSquasher said:
Ok i am just interested in other peoples views on this and maybe advice for myself ;), ok saying u was in the market for buying a new grafix card and wanted either a geforce fx5900 ultra 256mb or a radeon 9800pro 256mb,what would you guys say is the best buy?

fx5900 has fixed the huge fan noise issue that they had with the former fx5600 and it beats ati r9800 in sum cases but r9800 gives overall best performance and best quality.. and mostlfy fsaa quality... the price is almost the same on both cards @this time tho r9800 256 is a litle cheaper.. now sum1 will point out ati:s drivers.. they HAD probems B4 some years ago but thats totally fixed.. I have used prolly around 15diff drivers during my ati card time had 8500b4 this1.. and havent had any problems with em onlt that they keep pushing up performance 2 better... and thats nuffing 2 complain about..:D

so if I would be buying a card @this time... and got the money I would buy r9800 256... but actully with my system I have 2day I dont have anygames I cant run on max settings... so 9800 aint actully "needed" yet imo...

:wave:

[edit] typo :o

Last edited:
thnx for the replies and yeah it aint just for ut, i play ut2003 as well and basically so it sets up for any new games approaching like halflife 2 or wotever, what i have found out is in tests like 3dmark the radeon seems to out perform the geforce but in games the fps for geforce is slightly higher although nothing that u would see any diff, so still dunno lol, I have never had any radeons all i have had are geforces and as of yet have had no probs whotsoever so i guess its always in mind to go for the geforce. I like to see all peoples opinions of subjects like this

well then m8yo, lol tbh i dont really care what graffix card u eventually choose, after all 9 times out of 10 i get ur old one :D :lol:

there is fook all between em ,and wen they bring out games for dx9,they will bring out more gf cards ,u cant win either way u go 6 months down the line u will want another :) i`m gonna get the radeon and keep it for 20 years ,fook the bunch of rip off bastards even if it will only play pacman 2023 :moon:

ive just brought a 9800 pro 128mb still waiting for it to turn up though so can t say how it performs yet, but every benchmark i have read made it plain that there is next to no advantage in a 256mb version of either card. I almost went for the 5900 ultra but rad far cheaper, dabs having the cheapest one cept for ebay i have seen

Ajax said:
ive just brought a 9800 pro 128mb still waiting for it to turn up though so can t say how it performs yet, but every benchmark i have read made it plain that there is next to no advantage in a 256mb version of either card. I almost went for the 5900 ultra but rad far cheaper, dabs having the cheapest one cept for ebay i have seen

aye no game that is out 2day needs the amount of 256mb mem... and the price diff is kinda huge between r9800 128 and 256... so smartes would prolly be 2 buy the 1 with 128 cus there aint any need 4 more mem yet...