GP32's

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It's only 99.99. gba now retails at 49.99 humpo, but u can prolly get it a lot cheaper or around £25-30 second hand. The new SP's are 89.99 afaik.

errr, I think that things either a real big fake.. or a real big illigal thing... emulating all those games can't be legal.. emulating is never legal unless you own the original game and use the roms as a backup, lol.

and no handheld will ever beat nintendo:

why make games for other handhelds if you can make games for the GBA? that's like writing programs for a totally unknown OS if you can make em for microsoft or something.
it's all about the monopoly positions in the market...

Last edited:
it's legal, but im not convinced the divx playback wil be smooth on it's 120mhz or whatever cpu seeing a it apparently struggles emulating a snes

well.. how can emulating be legal then? I don't think nintendo will agree on them emulating all that stuff... unless they are official ports, which is a completely different story

what u put on the memory card is up to u, just the same as storing stuff on mp3 players, those pen drives, or even ya digicam or whatever

there are commercial games out for this and it's sold in stores, check lik-sang or any other import site

i read about this last week, and i also believed the divx wouoldnt be any good

on a side note i just sold Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn for £80 yippee

Emulating isnt illegal and never has been. Your perfectly within your right to own an emulator as long as you own the system too.

An emulator is all built on code, which isnt illegal to own even if you dont have the system. The only thing that can make emulator illegal is by opening the console boot rom if you dont own the console, but emulating in its right isnt illegal and probably never will be.

As for divx, its pretty possible. If it has a hardware chip built for high compression MPEG 4 and hardware post processing effects, then the CPU could easily handle the rest. If it doesnt have any hardware assistance then it is unlikely. :(