Golgotha's Dieing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

DraizeTrain

UT's Official Corrie Street Aficionado
Jun 8, 2001
Internal Exile
Without doubt 1 of the best maps around is being strangled by those fuckin wanker books. IMO they are lame as fuck and a new version of the map should be made with them consigned to the bin where they belong. :mad:

Discuss

Originally posted by Despise
yup they are shite, to easy to get everywhere in map, without def making a chance :(

Well, only thing you need is an average sniper. It´s not very hard to defend against a book-launch.
But i agree they´r shite and should be removed.

Originally posted by TuT

Well, only thing you need is an average sniper.

hmmm i am not a sniper god but sometimes u can't shoot the f00king book away (for some reason I don't know :( )
+ attackers approach book crouching so need 2 shots at least provided u didn't empty ur rifle shooting the book :D

Anyway I agree the best map ever Golgo should take books away. Or mb leave only 1 so at least ppl not flying all over the map to every objective.

remove the fucking books omg..

there so easy to use and it makes the map un-defendable =/

and yeh sometimes u have to shoot the book 5 or 6 times for it to move.. its the angle i think

Originally posted by Coffee
hmmm i am not a sniper god but sometimes u can't shoot the f00king book away (for some reason I don't know

Well, as i said you didn´t need to be a god-sniper, just average :P

Though i´ve never experienced the problem about not beeing able to shoot the book away, weird.

i did though, it has to do with hitting the right part of the book... i keep shooting the edges on the book till i hit the right spot..

TuT try sitting on the tower of the castle, let someone shoot the biggest book out and don't full zoom, you'll see that not all the first shots will hit it, you need to guess a bit and sometimes you are too late...

undecided if they should go though... a perfectly performed rocketlaunch is 10 times harder to def anyways

books should be removed, ruin gameplay of the map and sometime u really cant hit the book :shake:
I would suggest a vote to see what the whole community wants :talk:

Originally posted by jwer_NL
TuT try sitting on the tower of the castle, let someone shoot the biggest book out and don't full zoom, you'll see that not all the first shots will hit it, you need to guess a bit and sometimes you are too late...

undecided if they should go though... a perfectly performed rocketlaunch is 10 times harder to def anyways

Ok tnx, i´ll try that.
And i agree launches are much more effective if they are performed the right way.

yeah those book r lame!
but i still use them to get huron :p:
it's much easy than a roket launch and u need only one guy to do it.
anyway i vote to remove them :)

Aggree remove them books, they don't include any pictures anyway :nod: Btw u guys prolly know there are two books on Bridge aswell, same drill for them :puke:
________
JAILBROKEN

Last edited:
Well, one benefit of the books is that they gave assault (and the book maps) a new twist:thumb: :) BOOKS INTO ALL STANDARD MAPS!!! :D