Global Player Login System for League Matches?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you welcome a Player Login System on League Matches?

• Yes I would welcome such a system

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • No I don't like that idea

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • I don't care at all

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^A§^ said:
Did you know there are ppl with same ISP , same IP ... playing in this league ?
Well imho there shouldnt be 2 people using the same PC / conn for matches. .. It's just an invitation for mercing and its impossible to control in such cases. I've seen it happening far too often.

Plus is the league that gives ppl the right to merc ... by not even any rule againts it ... and dont come to me with Boomtown servers and some DM well lol CB leagues dont use that system
The only reason why there was never a rule against mecing was the fact that a rule like that couldnt be enforced anyway.
And what were the Admins supposed to do if every match some people came running to em, "hey clan x broke a rule, they merced, punish em, I cant prove it, but they just did"
Mercing was never "welcome" in this league (well maybe by the people who have to depend on mercs to be successful)

So well you can try to kill mercs and ringers but you will never ever get 100% sure you dont have them ...
yes you cant be 100 % sure... but what about laws in real life... can u ever be sure u put the right guy in prison?
That's not a valid argument to just not do anything about it and allow mercing like we did in the past.

If you move discussion about clans who mercing i could point a few and a few of players..
Its really so lame in my eyes, especially when n00b clan in lower division have div1 merc :|

Reactions: Cratos
Complete the login system with some IP stuff and it will work, because just a pass isnt good enough..
Only problem with IP is dynamic IPs and perhaps bro's in the league due to same ip..
Dynamic IPs could be kinda fixed with ranges n all..

I welcome such a system but just a password isnt enough.

The admins can't do something about mercing... or the admins have to memorize every players ip and check it :banghead:
A human is not made to follow rules ... its made to fight and broke rules ! ! ! :D
Like some 1 sayed of a nickname and password
oke sounds good but what about clicky those who like to change!!!

btw why are there like +/- 1150accounts in UTA??? i clicked on a phew and it was like player account blablabla
would be nice to remove them and then... go for the multiclanners...
mercing is allways possible...

isn't there a way to control the user.ini??? not every player plays with the same keys
don't know :topic:

WEll lol i even know div 1 clans who use mercs lol

Merc is bad but well if you think with me im almoust sure that some clans without mercs wont survive in this league
we have now 4 divs without those clans we might get to 3 divs ... so would that be good to league ?

Well all portuguese ppl change IP every 3 or 4 days ! We dont have stactic IP ( or we can have it but the cheap we get for stactic IP is 140 euros month ) so well lets say someone from league will have to update what 15 ips every 3 or 4 days ?

Its very hard to make that system but hey i think we dont lose anything to give it a try ... just i dont bellieve it will be any better ...

-=[Faggot]=- said:
isn't there a way to control the user.ini??? not every player plays with the same keys
don't know :topic:

Theres a nice program that i use cause of CTFi AS ASi and TDMi thats has the name of "Choice" and its made to change user-ini every time you start UT you can choose between user.ini u want !

There´s something much simpler then locking down Nick + IP, lock down the Nick + Windows Serial Code or Processor ID or BIOS ID string or ...

This is done once, when a player signs up. When a player changes hardware/software, hassle him to re-register the new ID with a valid and unique e-mail (with confirmation mail) of course :P

I vote yes, been campaining for this for ages. Anyone who gives their password to someone is pretty damn stupid tbh, their account is gonna get fucked up real quickly if they do that. It would certainly make mercing less common which has to be a good thing.

aye im a big fan of it, let them log in irc first and subcribe a admin for the match ( id be admin) so that he knows who will be in the match v good thinking

-=Dark_Shadow=- said:
Anyone who gives their password to someone is pretty damn stupid tbh, their account is gonna get fucked up real quickly if they do that.

Bullshit, most mercs are friends of the clan they're mercing for.

Im up for it! :D Why couldnt they link it with the forums, etc, i know i wouldnt want to give out my forums user name and password, so why would mercers??
Just a thought, prob covered by someone else, but I couldnt be arsed to read everything posted on here :p:

i like that windows serial key idea;)

if not that how about some script that auto generates an email to the players 1day before the match with a password (a different one for each player) to join the server, the passwords can be linked to the league database or summin till the match is over. Once the pw is entered, it cant be entered again, (stopping people using mercs mid game)

well whatever its gonna be im sure it will be good!!

Reactions: Felerian
Humph said:
Bullshit, most mercs are friends of the clan they're mercing for.
now either you're a friend of every clan in this league or you're not like "most mercs". :p:

You are free to use and modify my login system UTGL if you want to (but please tell me what you're going to change). I've been working on it for two months now, it's pretty advanced (the UTGL addon UTGLA even contains Normal Weapons accuracy counting hrhr) and I'd gladly help you out with it. I'm now working on guid generation to ensure consistent tracking of players

Reactions: Cratos
-=[Faggot]=- said:
The admins can't do something about mercing... or the admins have to memorize every players ip and check it :banghead:

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say tbh. Systems can be coded to run checks automatically; player IPs will be logged and categorized... Sure, there's the chance that some players may even share the same IP at some point.. but that's not the point of this.

IMO only _FORUM_ logins (i.e. Linked player accounts) should be alowed to enter the league servers... Does that solve some of your functionality quibbles? (Largo?)

Forum logins are the easiest to administer & track (afaik); duplicate accounts are more and more rare these days since the forum tidy has gone underway.

I don't think the public needs to worry (yet) how this system will work... They just need to decide: Yay or Nay. (And only the people who don't _understand_ what this thread is about should vote for Don't care :P)

CeCe said:
Are you kidding largo? its been a long time since we last faced BO without KAN mercs
I kid you not. To the best of my knowledge its been a full bo-only team for all std matches. Hector and i seem to have filled whatever holes there were. Still looking for 1 nice extra player to make it a sure thing. Came close to having a backup last game.