ghay

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

grãvëdîggér

Jul 17, 2001
Dallas,Texas
We aren't doing UT2003 servers *yet* for about 6 reasons. I'll list em here just to get em off of my chest, lol

1. Epic hasnt gotten out the dedicated server install yet, so it takes about 5 hours to upload the 2.3gb install to the machine and then about 30 minutes to copy the files for each server

2. There is a patch forthcoming to fix many issues in the game that we are waiting on before we do the installs

3. Webadmin features such as adding mutators on the fly dont work

4. Many settings that you should be able to set in the INI (minplayers, translocator, web admin user and pass) are only settable in the command line - Patch should fix this.

5. Game has a massive memory leak that causes a 16 player server to chew up 100MB of ram a day.

6. I forgot the 6th reason, lol.

I am hoping that the dedicated server install and the patch will be out very soon. Any day now is the word from on high. Once they are out and these issues (or at least half of the issues) are resolved, we will dive into the installs/updates.

The server only has been out since yesterday. If you are on teh admin mailing list the url was posted there. However, there were a couple of probs that needed fixed so they pulled the file. But, just recently they u/l a new file that has the fixes.

Also, there is a fix for the adding mutators on the fly.