German or another NL Server?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should Server be located in GER or NL?

• Located in Netherland

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Located in Germany

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
I am looking forward to get a new Server for ~[RES]~ running UT2k4 and it will be passworded but the password will allways be available on our homepage (which will be released very soon ;)) so anybody who wants to play can join (except when leaguematches or practicesessions are running).

I was just wondering what i should get, should the server be located in NL or GER?
(I am asking because i wanted to get a Server located in NL but there allready are 3 or 4 Servers located in NL and maybe some ppl would prefer a server located in GER)

What you think?

I voted german because I get a better ping there, compared to dutch servers.
(Only about 5 ms difference, so I can't really say what's better of the two!)

It's up to you :]

Felerian said:
I am looking forward to get a new Server for ~[RES]~ running UT2k4 and it will be passworded but the password will allways be available on our homepage
Check the agreement of your host, most do not allow distribution of the password through any open media irc, forums, websites(for obvious reasons). Wich would result in you coughing up cash or your server taken down and them with "yo moneyz":(

RookiE said:
Check the agreement of your host, most do not allow distribution of the password through any open media irc, forums, websites(for obvious reasons). Wich would result in you coughing up cash or your server taken down and them with "yo moneyz":(

well your only 50% right m8 :P

it says "the password is not allowed to be in the Servername or IRC Channel Topic".
The company i prolly will take sayes that it is not allowed to be on first page of homepage but somewhere "half" hidden... so there could be a link on main page for example: "Server Information" and there ppl can get the pw.
What ya think?
good or not :D

worth a shot but remember they prbbly have a stat system running checking bandwidth use a clan server usually generates so much bandwidth use a month and a pub also hence y there'd be a price difference. as long as u lock it occasionaly you should be ok ;) And btw i'm not trying to kick u in the nuts just giving a heads up.

Well we got 20 NL servers and no german one. Since PlayerAmount(NL+UK) > PlayerAmount(Ger) the result of the poll is easy to guess tho :/

German server --> Shit ping in UK
UK server --> Shit ping in Germany
NL --> Good ping in both UK & Germany :D :nod:

So NL it is :wave:

Cratos said:
Well we got 20 NL servers and no german one. Since PlayerAmount(NL+UK) > PlayerAmount(Ger) the result of the poll is easy to guess tho :/
i was actually suprised by the fact that more germans signed up then dutch gimps.:(

Idd NL all the way as its good ping for all wheres as German server ping sux for us UK and would rarely be accepted by uk clans to play wars on imo