Gaz's POV on an important issue

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

G

Gazzy

Lemme first just say what a complete load of B0LLOCKS this thing with LuNa is ... what kinda gay arse rule means you forfeit the game if you don't want to play on a mis-configured server? Yeah exactly, a shat rule.

Hammerjump, rocket launch, double hammer ... ah, new tactic to add to the book, sheg the external (to UTAS) server and keep it down until the other team either gets pished off and leaves, or fall asleep.

Since this is the first time this has happened (afaik) I think it should be put down to experience, and the match should be re-scheduled.

I think it's fkin pathetic imo, Luna waited for a lot longer than most other clans would have - hmm if it was gay err A-team, would it have been the same result? I sincerely doubt it.

Reason for posting in here is so nobody locks/deletes this thread, also if I get any BS from anybody I'm free to open the floodgates on flamesville :) Although having said that, I don't think anybody with half a brain can see that the LuNa/Ai situation is fair.

Constructive comments/backing/criticism here plz.

Re: Gaz's POV on an important issue

If what Moonraker has said was true (very likly) then imho the rules need to be made clearer on picking servers, which is prolly gonna happen anyway. About setting up servers, maybe it could be made public how to exactly set up the servers for league matches, I have a pretty good idea and it's in my ini file under asmatch.txt so u just put it in system and type exec asmatch.txt
www.neorox.co.uk/Inis.html

Also maybe other rules should be made clearer like I once suggested here

Like for example on proving grounds

Unreal Tournament Cheats
Gen.7.1 The use of any type of bot or proxy for the purposes of aiming or ping masking is prohibited.
Penalty: removal from all ladders, banned from competition

Gen.7.5 Exploiting any server admin functions or issues to a team or player's advantage is strictly prohibited.
Penalty: removal from ladder, banned from competition
Gen.7.5.1 When a player logs in as server administrator he/she will take care of whatever needs to be changed. The player must then log out as server administrator when complete, and also reconnect to the server prior to the map being played.
Penalty: first offense - warning, second offense - forfeiture of match, third offense - removal from ladder

Gen.7.5.2 At no time will a player log in as server administrator while a map is being played without the opponent's permission.
Penalty: removal from ladder

Gen.7.5.3 At no time will a player play in a match while logged in as a server administrator. (Note: Anyone logged in as server administrator has his/her name printed in white text on the scoreboard.)
Penalty: first offense - forfeiture of match, second offense - removal from ladder

Gen.7.5.4 Players may not use any skins other than those included in Unreal Tournament, the first Bonus Pack, and Bonus Pack 4. Players may not alter the appearance of any of these skins by any means.
Penalty: removal from ladder

Gen.7.5.5 Use of the "Funbot" or any "aimbots" is prohibited and falls under the Gen.7.1 rule

ps please do not spam this topic.

dunno what went on so i cant comment.. but heres the EXACT match setup

1st make a txt called match.txt from the following lines:

mutate TurboAssaultStyle
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavyEasterEgg False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus ImpactJumpProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus ImpactLaunchProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus RocketLaunchProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus AssaultCheatProtect True
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus TeamDamageProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus TeamCannonDisabled False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus FortStandardDisplayed False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus AssaultDefenseSet False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus AttackerSpawnTime 4
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus DefenderSpawnTime 1
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus PlayerIdleTime 120
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus TeamChangeTime 2
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus DamageBalanceTeams 0
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus MoverEncroachDamage 5
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus PlayerSuicideLimit 50
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus TeamDamageScale 0
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavyAdvertiseServer False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavyAltScoring False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavySpamProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavySpawnProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus PlayerSuicideLimit 50
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus TeamDamageScale 0
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavyAdvertiseServer False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavyAltScoring False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavySpamProtect False
admin set AssaultBonusPack.EavyAssaultPlus EavySpawnProtect False

Keep the listed as they are here or it wont work!!
Next bind to whatever keys you like the following code:

4=adminlogin <admin password>
5=adminlogout <admin password>
6=admin set assault netwait 10 | admin get assault netwait
7=admin set assault netwait 55 | admin get assault netwait
8=admin set botpack.deathmatchplus bTournament false | admin get botpack.deathmatchplus bTournament

4: This logs you in as admin when pressed
5: Duhhh logs you out ;)
6: This will set the netwait (time before the map starts) to 10 (PUBLIC SETUP)
7: This will set the netwait (time before the map starts) to 55 (MATCH SETUP)
8: This is explained later ;)

Right now you have the binds follow these simple steps to get the server up and running!!

instruction we use to set up server s for league matches:

1) Ensure that the 'AssaultBonusPack 418' mutator is running, if not put it on the mutators list and restart the map!
2) login as admin using the above binds and type in the console "exec match.txt" this sets eavy up perfectly :) (you can bind this if u like)
3) Set up the map list. Put the Double rotation maps in first (DRM) followed by the single rotation maps (SRM).
4) Set the player limit to 12 (NO SPECS)
5) Set Tournament mode to ON
6) Make sure all 'Defaults -> Settings' are set to the usual and there are no bots on.
7) Set the server name & the password.
:cool: Now goto the 'Current' area and Switch the map to the LAST map in the rotation (this will be a warm up map for the match).
9) Connect to the server in UT.
10) At the console type: use the netwait bind to set it to 55!
11) Now use the number 8 bind (see above) This will ensure that tournament mode will come off after the first map.

***You will need to 'Restart Level' after each step (Except 8-9-10) to ENSURE the server saves the settings***

yes yes yes!!!!!

BAN THEM!!!!!

oh and prior to that, go listen to some nice Iranian music radio www.nima1.8m.com/ :lol:

btw nice boot in on the a-team gazz :lol:

thats the wrong story light, as its all from your point of view

also even if u have counted that map we have still won,
-=EDIT=-

we actually let u have those maps that we had 3/4 ppl in light, this is how it was 7-5-2 and in fact to be precise it was 7-4-2 but we aint arsed, so i sugest ya get ya fuckin facts right

-=EDIT=-

ill re do it not from ut lord poit of view only later when i can type as mi hands are fuckin cold from playin footie

and yes the way we won over luna aint fair, should be a draw or replayed imo

anyways u lot got any probs, u come and speak to me will ya, and not try and slag off the whole of Ai on the fuckin ION board with whome it has fuck all to do with :)

errrrr Light WTF i said this was finished FFS

last night 3 people couldnt move when they were on the server and got kicked off constatly

unitl neo came and fixed it which helped :)

And by that time u had won 2 maps against 3/4 of us

which in the end we counted anyway
so i dont get what ur moaning about as for flaming in the server u were telling us to fuck off its our problem that we cant move ETC ETC so u started it

As for LuNa i said after 10 mins just turn eavy off its not that important but LuNa wanted it so we tried to get it sorted. And we lost the Jolt server which Ai v Utlords was supposed to play on because the ADMIN was sooooo pissed off with all the moaning that he heard when he entered the server.

BUT ANYWAY thx for the use of the server ION

yeah actually UK, ION held a gun to my head and they wouldnt let us use it unless we had our match vs ION on it ;) ;) :lol:
:)

It might not directly concern me but when stuff is as unfair as that I thought it just took the piss.

So anybody that wants to bring some, come get some ffs :P

One hour is more than enough to wait for a server, I'd be getting ready up sticks after about 45 mins tbh, but to score a victory in such lame circumstances is dishonourable and not in the spirit of the game or the UTAS rules.

Totally sucks mondo dick imo, and because of the ambiguity of the rules I think a simple rematch should be arranged.

i have no diasgreement with that gaz :)

i just wanst happy about the crap and straight out bullshit that light posted

but he was pissed off and has removed so no more to say

hes we're all a happy family again :lol:
:) :)

"I think a simple rematch should be arranged."

im to lazy to go check - but isnt that impossible due to playoffs etc? (new month yadayada....)

luna ai

there is nowt that will be done about this match
the decision has been made and its wrong but its happend :(

as i have said before im not blaming Ai for the fact that we lost the match but it would be nice to have the tottal support of you guys to say to utassault admin that you all think it should be a rematch

would you do that ?

coz we have now lost our div 1 place thru that match and the BoT match which hardly any of our players could play in coz of such short notice for the game :(

As for LuNa i said after 10 mins just turn eavy off its not that important but LuNa wanted it so we tried to get it sorted.

that wasnt the case UK we didnt mind not having eavy ..it was an Ai guy who wanted unlimited suicides ..all luna wanted was tournament mode :)

anyway its done and its shit but there is nothing that can be done

i did put a reply in the utassault forum and was asked to edit it and email the utassault admin
which i have done and im just waiteing on a reply

:)