Gatl Test feedback

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
The new server has meant the end of the gatl testing, last test overran for a bit due to me being distracted by other things :P

There were 1-5 tests run, each a different profile.

Constructive feedback on any profiles you liked or disliked appreciated, or any elements of a specific test that you liked.

If it was that thing with the pug servers, then it's no way near a minigun.
People should stop whining about the minigun and maybe practive with it some more

well... the difference wasn't that big (didn't pay best attention to it :p: ) but there weren't any signs saying GatlGun 1/2/3/4/5 now was there? Didn't notice on server (besides picking up minigun saying Minigun (utassault GatlGun))

allthough i did notice a very weak one where you could kinda walk through: this occured in a 2v2 vs Bossk n Morph :o

we played yesterday at 19gmt with a minigun who actually worked pretty nice, not overpowered by Double Enforcer, and also isn't too much overpowering other weapons...

didnt play too much thru those tests but i didnt feel anything why it wud be better than that normal las mini.

i remember running out of ammo fast and that weird pushing instead of lockdown o_O

just put a minigun on it which is in between the weakest and the strongest(old one) then noone will complain.

The topic in utapug showed the test that was running. Server in public mode ran std las weapon not gatl.

i played PUG only ;)
I think we should use number 3/4... seems best i guess (if i remember right :P )
but you've got to fix bugs first (like bullets flying through screen and mini on another places (inches))

imo and iirc 3 was the only totally worthless one, it was the on that emptied the fastest and I thnik nobody liked that

tbh I kinda forgot 4 :(

1>2>5

and I think 1 was perhaps the minigun with the least damage output AND no lockdown and tbh in the server for the couple of pugs I played less then 9% of the people actually whined that it was nerfed, most still used it and killed effectively with it....

I believe either 2 or 5 would be the best inbetween setting to please both sides

from what I remember 2 has high damage and no lockdown and 5 has high damage (overall) some lockdown but a faster rate of fire which means u run out of ammo faster.

personally I'd vote for 1

but to please the majority I think 2 or 5 would be the best

mym: perhaps now or after a few comments should you say what the tests actually were?

html said:
and I think 1 was perhaps the minigun with the least damage output AND no lockdown and tbh in the server for the couple of pugs I played less then 9% of the people actually whined that it was nerfed, most still used it and killed effectively with it....

w/o lockdown launchable maps like: RivAL, Overlord will come back will be finished in 13 secs :x
i played 2v2 no lockdown, they could just strafe to the objective :crap:

w/o lockdown launchable maps like: RivAL, Overlord will come back will be finished in 13 secs :x
i played 2v2 no lockdown, they could just strafe to the objective :crap:

you stop launches with rocket spam and sniper............... minigun isnt made to deliver damage quickly at long range so its rather stupid imho that people should use it to disable far away launches in the first place....

same with : I shot him but he dodged to the objective...... well maybe he was too close to the objective already for you to damage him to death with minigun, you should have used another weapon like sniper, rox shock or flak..........

UT is alot funnier when you actually have to pick you weapon wisely to prevent your opponent from getting the objective..... instead of having a minigun out in any situation aka ZZzzZzzzZzzzz

you stop launches with rocket spam and sniper............... minigun isnt made to deliver damage quickly at long range so its rather stupid imho that people should use it to disable far away launches in the first place....

RL aint anything near fast. RL is just way to slow if you need to stop a launch coz you dont have much time to shoot and a rocket doesnt exactly goes fast lol. Instant weapons are the best and mini is 1 of them. Just hitting them fucks up the launch like 90% of the time already anyway.

I think test 5 was good.. but needs some tweaking (increase in damage.. maybe try it with CB12 lockdown enabled instead of reduced lockdown) - I would say that tho as its the one i suggested ;) - I still would like to tweak it further while testing with a few others

Test 3.. not a fair test of purestats and it wasn't implemented correctly

tbh, didn't find any of the others that suitable.. either too powerful or too weak.. #1 was good cos CB12 lockdown was there, but i didn't like the damage profile

saying that, it was a while ago, so hard to remember

tested long enough, increase damage plx, or improve lockdown, mini is shite atm, k thx
snipers dodging left right and center, cant keep them in check, becomign sniper assault 24/7 getting bored of it.