Gameservers.net prices slashed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fusion

Mar 13, 2002
Netherlands
Just saw that you can now have more specific demands, which will save you a lot of Euro's, depending on the setup.

http://www.gameservers.net/order.php

Example:

• Unreal Tournament, private
  • 14 players
  • no teamspeak slots
€25.99 p/m

Just a thought for clans who are looking for new virtual battlegrounds.

Problem is gs.net went bad really bad for everyone cause of overloaded servers :P

unless they sorted that tis not worth it ;o

can you specify "everyone" , paa?
I havent had any problems with GS last time I played - but that certainly doesnt say everyone has a good ping there, does it?

not bad, cud see this as an opportunity for clans to share servers for a really cheap price. back in da day X and AI used to share and that worked out quite well ( at least i think it did:P )

12 player, 6 months + 1 free, private server

€ 137.94 = € 68.97 if 2 clans share
£ 96.72 = £ 48.36 if 2 clans share

bloody cheap for 6 (or 7 dunno what the + 1 free means) months!, shame gameservers aint brilliant:P

Paa` said:
Problem is gs.net went bad really bad for everyone cause of overloaded servers :P

unless they sorted that tis not worth it ;o

LOL, LMAO.. This dude with his poor connection seems to think all isps/servers suck.. hehe, wonder wo sucks? =P;)

Arnet

My isp is fine just gs.net suck i rarely play gs.net servers for assault so it aint that but on clanbase it's well known fact.

That said better than orange :)

Dunno who u are arnet dont care neither.

Go ask someone from clanbase or read a match report

yeh yeh bla bla we aint clanbase crap heard it all before but u will see people moaning alot about there performanc recently :)

punawa said:
aye true gs.net are very bad for most of players, like frenchs or belgians
dont buy it ;)
i pld on x-squad server a bit ago and i've never pld on a better server then that tbh lol .. it wasnt 6v6 but still compared to our 2v2 gs.net server that was a HUGE difference.. our 2v2 server is wank :p: but that's prolly coz they dont sell/rent them out anymore as well i think.. could be mistaken.. gonna cancel it anyhow soon.

Yeah gs.nl are VERY different... our's is weird like relax said... but some 2on2 gs.nl league server I pld on with phoe a few times was so much better.

:(

no offense but i've given up on the idea gamehosters wont overload the machines :p: even gothica

it's a matter of money.. i dont think they want to do it but they simply have to to get out of the costs i think :)

punawa said:
aye true gs.net are very bad for most of players, like frenchs or belgians
dont buy it ;)
I didn't realise Server CPU time was determined on the location of the players connected. :P
There was never overloading at gs when I played UT nor when i've played on their BF servers. You can only have a suspicion of overloading if every single player on the server is having a bad time, and then it could still be routing. And if even just one person is having an ok time it's most likely a routing issue, which the Internet is often piss poor for doing efficiently.

Or when 12 assault players spamming away f6 pings double sometimes triple....

how is that Not server performance ? :o

Paa` said:
Or when 12 assault players spamming away f6 pings double sometimes triple....

how is that Not server performance ? :o
It could be if all 12 players are then lagging - but doens't mean it necessarly is. i.e. more spam means more things going on means more network traffic. The pings are hardly that reliable anyway.