Game classics

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Meteor

<b>League A</b><b>dministrator</b>
Feb 2, 2002
A game to remember: Grand Prix Legends

Grand Prix Legends - Push The Limits - HD version , video homepage
Grand Prix Legends 7:48:32 Nurburgring Lotus 49 HOTLAP
GPL: Monaco 1967
Grand Prix Legends - CanAm Mod 720p
Grand Prix Legends - 1955 F1 Mod 720p
GPL-1967-SPA-HD 1080p

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends
http://www.eolc.de/index.html
http://www.eolc.de/board/open.php?file=links.html&sid=849ff8a0181baf94896633487808084b

For those who are interested, there is more info everywhere in the internet present.

:D Looking back to my own days I played this game active, I can not believe how slow the progress in new racing games progresses. Sometimes it seems the time has stopped. I should install the game again. :P

Last edited:
since there is an s in the thread title I will assume that any classic games can go in this thread.

best FPS gameplay ever, the only one that surpassed UT

Html exactly these games are most interesting.

Why are games unforgotten and played for years? Why are players supporting them?:clap: Wanted are games who offer more, who are a complete combination of all arts and let the player breath their genius each second they are used.:party: Lets say games with quasi heart and soul.:love:

Hyped and overrated games are today more common than interesting games who are rare. Often years go by without top games and Game Classics are the only worthwhile alternative to play.

Html exactly these games are most interesting.

Why are games unforgotten and played for years? Why are players supporting them?:clap: Wanted are games who offer more, who are a complete combination of all arts and let the player breath their genius each second they are used.:party: Lets say games with quasi heart and soul.:love:

Hyped and overrated games are today more common than interesting games who are rare. Often years go by without top games and Game Classics are the only worthwhile alternative to play.

this is very true meteor !

maybe it's down to the fact that most games these days are geared for multiplayer online play rather than the single player aspect , but IMO some of the old games on sega megadrive,playstation and N64 are so good compared to todays standards !

Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 spring to mind.

Resident Evil 1 and 2.

Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament.

Gta 3 + San Andreas

Half Life 1+2 (and the episodes a bit)

It's already out and it's rubbish. Complete rubbish. Console port if I ever saw one. Controls and camera are all messed up. Avoid it like the plague.

Dito to Dungeon Keeper 1, also Carmageddon 1 & 2 :)

carma02.jpg

Planescape: Torment. A bitch of a game to get into, but one of the best games I have ever played.

for N64 I loved:

San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing (really funny and entertaining)
Golden Eye 64
Perfect Dark
Bomberman 64 (got me and my friends many funny evenings on the multiplayer)
Duke Nukem 64 (shit gfx but multiplayer rocked the shit haha)
Mario Party 1+2 , I have all the other mario parties, those for the Nintendo Gamecube and also for the Nintendo Wii, but for some reason I find those for N64 were the best regarding the fun and the choice u had for the games.

Playstation:

Resident Evil 1+2

PC:

Half-Life (for sure one of the best games ever)

SNES:

Super Mario World (one of my fav games that I play really often on my Emulator)

...could mention so many more but I finish it at this time.

It's true that the games which are released these days do not have the "quality" which had the games many years ago. Today the players/games/community reach a certain quality which is depending on a few factors.

Years ago the game made the quality, today the game itself does only make a certain percentage of what players would call quality. it's more like the following:

today's quality: game + communication (TS or whatever) + game needs internet access etc.

so at last - I am happy that things like emulations are possible and we can still enjoy the best of our early youth ;)

San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing :nod: that game was fucking epic, had loads of fun with it :D