Freezing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Jun 8, 2001
Denver, CO
In the last 2 matchs Ive played on the Texas ILAN League Assault server my PC freezes after every map. This is the only server that I freeze on, which leads me to believe it could be something on that server or League Assault. The previous night I played 2 hours of CTF with no crash's, and a couple nights before that I had been playing on non-league assault Assault servers and never experienced one freeze. This has happend on both Windows XP and Windows ME. This is the only server I crash on thus far. I dont know if its LeagueAS related or not.

Specs
Intel P3 700 MHZ
684 megs ram
Voodoo 5 5500 (Ive tried multiple drivers for this, including the original factory ones and 3rd Party drivers, both cause same problem)
Windows ME (I have formatted and tried both XP and ME)
Razer Boomslang 2K mouse
Sound Blast Live 5.1 Value (I have all the EAX shit turned off)
3c905B-TX NIC

I also have cleared out windows/temp directory and the UT cache directory to make sure that I didnt have any thing conflicting. The only mod I have installed for UT is the Eavy Server Browser, nothing else (no UTV, or demo managers, or anything).

I turn off all my start up stuff also. When Im in a match the only things I run is systray, explorer, Roger Wilco and UT. I have turned off all the Task Manager stuff also.

I dont know if its related, but perhaps someone can lend me some insight that I havent thought of yet.

hmmmm CSHP locking up hacked clients was fixed in v133 (unless its a known cheat), although Eavy Server Browser will be picked up as a cheat :\ it should only kick you from the server, and it should only occur if you bring the browser window up while connected to the server.

I'll get the server log and see if it is kicking you for some reason.

did ya know phear that it kicks u for cheating if u look for servers while on a server sometimes u press esc and go search for other servers always kicks me everytime.

Sup JOJO

I took a look and the only thing it said is that you are a pheg and it doesn't want you playing on the server. :)

Nothin Joe, you weren't kicked by CSHP, although I noticed the server wasn't running the latest version, so I updated it anyway.

Although I did find something else that it detects as a cheat which isn't, client side IRC reporters.

And frag, it is known that LeagueASBrowser & EavyServerBrowser will be detected as cheats, but only if you bring up the server browser whilst connected to the server, and if you do it will just disconnect you. The first is obsolete and you shouldn't be using it either.