Forums slow?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pxz0rz

Jul 20, 2001
End of the world
After the new upgrade the forums are DAMN slow for me :S

1: it's loading like a donkey
2: when I want to scroll down a thread when it's not fully loaded yet, window freezes and I have the go back and press the thread again (maybe i got a picture somewhere)
3: sometimes im browsing and it's like the i-net went down (but it hasnt), forums just totally gone for me :/

This is very irritating when reading the forums, thought I'd just tell you people ;) (maybe it's not just me :D)

works faster for me actually, just sometimes the screen goes a bit mad like you said and have to refresh the page. The avatars seem to cock up sometimes too :\

Only thing i've noticed is that whenever while loading a page and you begin to scroll down, the screen f00ks up for 5 seconds. But no need to refresh though.

ProjectX said:
After the new upgrade the forums are DAMN slow for me :S

1: it's loading like a donkey
2: when I want to scroll down a thread when it's not fully loaded yet, window freezes and I have the go back and press the thread again (maybe i got a picture somewhere)
3: sometimes im browsing and it's like the i-net went down (but it hasnt), forums just totally gone for me :/

This is very irritating when reading the forums, thought I'd just tell you people ;) (maybe it's not just me :D)
This is an issue with most Internet Explorer versions, and something changed with vBulletin's CSS handling, which means that IE needs to load the entire page and external CSS file to render it. :(

This problems first appeared in vB Beta 7. Plenty of people have moaned about this on the vB.com forums - so hopefully we'll see a fix from the developers for this soon.

Update: More specifically, this problem seems to be with the quick reply box which loads it's own CSS file at the bottom of the page - this is what causes the hangups. One of the vB members has found a solution which I will try out, it just means that the Quick Reply box will take longer to load now.

Last edited:
Yep... it seems to work...

Try switching to the --- fixed utassault.net style and reloading the pages...

The page doesn't stretch and it loads the posts a lot quicker. The quick reply and footer takes a few more seconds to process, and then the page completes.