Forum moderator positions

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brajan

<b>League Adm</b><b>inistrator</b><br /><b>For</b>
Feb 25, 2004
/dev/null
Few forum moderator positions are open. There's not much work to do tbh. Just keep it clean and react on any forum rules abuse. Here are forums that you can pick to moderate:

• General > Unreal Tournament
  • General > Unreal II / UT2K3 / UT2K4 / UT 3
  • General > NON-Unreal Tournament Forum
  • Topic Specific > The Clan Exchange
  • Topic Specific > Maps, Mods, Mutators and Skins
  • Topic Specific > Tips, Tricks & Tactics
  • Topic Specific > Challenges

Best would be to have 2 new active mods for every forum mentioned above.
Before you ask -yes, you can pick multiple forums.
Apply by forum PM to any (active) forum admin.

Last edited:
What about having a democratic vote "poll" for all members to vote on candidates instead of admins picking new selected ones of their own choice?

Wouldnt that result in the person with the most m8s getting picked and not necessarily the person thats right for it, a sort of return of the green rep e-penis :)

Isnt that the case with the person who gets picked, is well known by most admins if not m8s?

It should be given a chanse and also, old admins should be able to be voted off their position.
Its all fair imo

Take for example new admins in PUG....
Said it before have no disput with uzi or mc, had our twists in the past tho..

Mc needed a admin, he just picked the ones he knew from the past.
Pug play was in "trouble" after torps stunt, and it might justify mc´s fast picks..

Just shows what this league have been about, instead of being a community wich every1 is part of and has its say.
Its just limited to afew and the rest are just required to say A,B or C.....

There are no admins needed without the number of members that the majority represent, you dont count without them.
Time to include them, dont you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is for forum mods rather than admins but so far from the applications Ive ever seen you get the same few people and surprisingly there arent any unknowns.
If the Admins pick a mod then theyll generally point out good and bad points rather than just picking/dismissing them because of what clan they are in or who they are friends with although dont get me wrong your method would work fine if it wasnt likely to be massively abused by the majority people.

As for voting out league admins, I assume thats what you are getting at, then this leads to a whole host of other problems. Everytime you vote an admin out the other admins have to have all the league details changed for security purposes, (technically means every server listed in booking system, database, webadmin, etc etc), also when you vote someone out you have to get a replacement that you need to train again and that all takes time and effort for other admins because some people may have a dislike with someone.

Was a pick from admins, not a vote from a public.
Just shows lack in judgement

Was a pick from admins, not a vote from a public.
Just shows lack in judgement

If only one person applies for a position and a poll is made there could be a chance that everyone votes no. However, what if a new admin is desperately needed? a fellow admin may just appoint them anyway based on the fact that
  1. Noone else applied
  2. They trust them enough

As for pug admins that was mine and Mc's choice. We asked in public for people to put their names forward and we got very little response from the community although it was a little rushed due to Mc's availability at the time.

Admins have to be picked from those that pug, from those that Mc and I can both talk to as there would be little point having arguments all the time, out of the 4 new admins I made sure that half of them were picked from those that actually donated to the running costs of the server I cant see how you can get those that pug involved more than that.
Its all well and good saying community should be involved in everything but if you ask them for something and they turn away then why when they ask should you bend over backwards for them, it really should work both ways rather than take take attitude from some members.

You would have a similar criteria setup for selecting league admins.

Nah Mym voting out persons isnt the point i want to put forward, for any reason you might think of. Im over that.
What im saying is to include the whole active community to vote on a new admin who infact have reposability of enjoying the game. To see a new admin just picked by some other admin dont make you trustworthy to any1.
Thats the point i want to put forward, include the majority that this community consist of. I know this isnt xmas and the game is "blooming" with maps, admins..etc.
But its stuff that put you off more then others, at times its disgusting.
When people are fed up with a particular admin there should be an option to vote him off.

The only way IMO that would work is for current admins to select those they deem suitable and for community to vote on that.
Consider from the other side the current admin team also have to trust anyone that is selected so if it was purely public choice that may not always be the case and youll end up with some divide between admins which would not be helpful.

Keep in mind this is league admins not forum stuff so only those active in league should really be involved, with the recent mapvote not even half the league voted on something they wanted to be involved in, unfortunately you dont always get the amount of response you expect when giving it out to a public vote.

Few forum moderator positions are open. There's not much work to do tbh. Just keep it clean and react on any forum rules abuse.

Does that mean getting rid of the current spate of excessive swearing in the forums?

To say the league is supposed to be positively promoting its self to attract new & young players, the language that some people use (presumably due to a lack of diction?) is not going to impress anybody.

That goes for the PUG IRC channel too.

The only way IMO that would work is for current admins to select those they deem suitable and for community to vote on that.
Consider from the other side the current admin team also have to trust anyone that is selected so if it was purely public choice that may not always be the case and youll end up with some divide between admins which would not be helpful.

Keep in mind this is league admins not forum stuff so only those active in league should really be involved, with the recent mapvote not even half the league voted on something they wanted to be involved in, unfortunately you dont always get the amount of response you expect when giving it out to a public vote.

"Consider from the other side the current admin team also have to trust anyone that is selected so if it was purely public choice that may not always be the case and youll end up with some divide between admins which would not be helpful."

Imo if the public choice aint available to admins positions, then its digging its own grave...many left couse of that being the case. Not much to loose if there is no "public" in the end.

I know the community aint sparking in life, maybe couse of neglect? just speculations from my side...
Got to open up the influence, i know your worries..."but wtf have we to loose really??" think about it

Actually Mc picked an all round balanced team of admins from what he had available to him, as far as I know I can't remember Mc being an old friend to Seas_ and 'knowing him from the past.'

My stunt? What was that then? Arguing? Like thats never been done on forums or irc by you or anyone else :lol:

At the end of the day, there will always be someone who doesn't agree with new admin appointments. Just let the current admins deal with it and get rid of the incompetent and inactive ones like fu2.

Last edited:
OK well then another and this is possibly the biggest negative to a purely public choice is that admins have access to most of the non public anticheat stuff, being purely public may let people be voted in that have no interest in the job and want to see that.
You cant tell me that the league would be better off in the knowledge that an ex botter or a suspected botter is a league admin and possibly abusing that position. You will end up with even mroe paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.