Forum Contributions - UPDATE!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Well, figured it was about time you ugly lot were updated with the progress and future of the forums so here it is:

First things first, I wanna thank everyone who has had the generousity and taken the time to make a contribution - be it large or small - every little helps and without all the small ones we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are now. That said, special thanks to those who make large donations - you know who you are! :D

Without all your help the forums would probably already be closed by now, however as things stand we have collected enough to keep the forums going for at least a year from now (assuming the costs remain the same). The forums are paid for quarterly at ~€200 / quarter, and the initial invoice I had to pay was 2 months overdue so having just paid one invoice, I will be paying another almost straight away. This means ~€400 is gone during the first month, so please don't be put off contributing if you were intending too - we can never have too much in the bank, and the more we collect now means the further away the next round of contributions will be!

As far as changes go, at present you still wont be seeing any. Martz is still heading up the admin team and looking after the maintenance of the forums and I am just looking after the financial side of things. I am now available for "some" admin issues if no-one else is around, however being a complete vBulletin n00b you shouldn't actually expect me to be of any help :rolleyes:

The money we have is enough to cover the bandwidth we are using and although we are currently looking at a couple of small upgrades (extra IP addresses, ram etc) these should only have a very minor effect on the cost, if any at all. The only other thing being looked at is possible ways of expanding our ability to host more clan forums as the demand is very high, however due to the cost of the extra bandwidth and legal implications various ideas are still under discussion amongst the admin team. Keeps your eyes posted for further announcements on that subject!

So once again, big thanks to all those who contributed. Those who haven't - if you find yourself in a position to do so any time in the future please still consider doing so - the link to the paypal account can always be found in my signature or previous threads on the subject!!

For now, happy spamming :D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.