forced date

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish, I agree that e.g. rookie's post shows a lot of respect for the cup, and I think it's good they are taking it serious as to fielding the best possible team. as long as people argue reasonably for that point, it's fine, there are good possible reasons for people not having been able to play so far. (be it work, holidays, moving or the likes)
It's just the way Riv has put it down in this thread, basically saying "fuck the law, we are the law", that's not how it works. I don't really care if anyone wants to be champion or not, but then it shouldn't be called Finals for the IAC if that's not what it's about. Because obviously it is. If you're gonna play within a set competition, accept the given boundaries and don't say "fuck 'em, they don't matter".
Now everyone go and get the date sorted, have a good match and it's settled.

@wish: I can't say I know the full ins-and-outs of this cup, but my posting reflected the impression I got of the bits I did read.

I agree that this lack of respect is the result of mistakes of the admin team aswell, sorry for not making that clear.
I am very surprised with how this cup has escalated in some situations, especially because the EAC went so smooth at it's debut as a big cup in UTA. Just goes to show what an excellent job XB (and other EAC admins) did last time around.

I understand that both teams want to play each other at full strength. U guys are making it sound tho as if u don't care about whether this match is played in 2 weeks or in 2 months. U can't tell me that u guys have been trying ur hardest to get this match arranged.

btw @ anni, i was just wondering who was missing from the EAC final, I can't really remember the war too good, but I remember seeing names like pete and yourself playing
Ppl like playr, boss, machoman, killerlord & timmah are just some of them from what I can remember.

[edit] Nephilim has some excellent points :thumb:

I was away yesterday sorry I'm just seeing this now.

-Wish- said:
:thumb: to Smantie and Weirdo for the work they have put in though.
thx but sry Farac deserves just as much credit, without him cup wouldn't have happened.

As far as I've seen there's been complete disregard for the cup in regards to scheduling this final match. It isn't that difficult, and the teams have had three weeks to schedule it. Nl2's excuse of not having petez and salva doesn't weigh very hard in my opinion when those two have been around for the past weeks. It's the captain's responsibility to take responsibility for scheduling and arranging matches, and although LocoMouse wasn't around lately so some others on nl2 took responsibility for arranging, and if you're going to take on that responsibility you've got to follow through with it. I left numerous IRC PM's to Engl and Nl2 players asking for the match to be played (as you can see from BaMse's post in this thread, people actually want to see it played) most of which weren't replied to or were responded with "we'll play it *insert generic timeframe for the next week here*."

I asked very nicely to be kept informed of the captain's scheduling progress (in order to make sure the match was played and to hopefully assure we could get a good UTV broadcast for the final, something numerous ppl in the community would be interested in), yet no one took the responsibility to tell me. I asked for teams to at least schedule the damn match by this past Friday, and yet again disregard was shown and I was told that wasn't going to happen. I didn't care if you guys would schedule for August-wheneverthehellpetezcomesback but the way things were going the final was never going to be played and it needs to be played. Players signed up to the cup agreeing to abide by the rules, and failure to schedule games and abide by deadlines isn't following the rules. I'm really not trying to be a bitch or screw over any team, but if we wait until August-whenpetezcomeshome there's no telling if the match will be played and the two teams might again spend weeks without playing the match, and for all of the above reasons the match was scheduled for you guys.

In the end it really just boils down to responsibility: both teams need to take the responsibility to schedule and play their final match. It reflects very poorly on the teams and the cup in general when both teams go weeks without playing or talk of playing.

It's the captain's responsibility to take responsibility for scheduling and arranging matches, and although LocoMouse wasn't around lately so some others on nl2 took responsibility for arranging, and if you're going to take on that responsibility you've got to follow through with it.
True, LocoMouse hasn't been around lately (moving house, no internet) and we haven't really sorted out a new captain. I can't be arsed and I dont have the time to arrange matches, since i'm very busy with arranging a wedding and moving house, etc.

I left numerous IRC PM's to Engl and Nl2 players asking for the match to be played (as you can see from BaMse's post in this thread, people actually want to see it played) most of which weren't replied to or were responded with "we'll play it *insert generic timeframe for the next week here*."
Mate you did realize that it was impossible for us to mention a specific date. You knew that we would try a couple of dates and see who was around - thats how we played the first leg. People we're too busy, holidays, busy with whatever - impossible to make appointments.

I asked very nicely to be kept informed of the captain's scheduling progress (in order to make sure the match was played and to hopefully assure we could get a good UTV broadcast for the final, something numerous ppl in the community would be interested in), yet no one took the responsibility to tell me.
Why would you mention this again :yawn: I know it would have been cool having the first leg broadcasted, but it was impossible! We scheduled the match 30 minutes before the war started, you weren't even around - should I have phone you?

I've just been too busy to play any game of UT the last three weeks. I know others of NL2 are very busy aswell, and so are people from the english team.

One note to seas_:
I love you darling and i want to have babies with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put its useless any match being forfeited for a final game. NL2 players are busy, Pete has been away, Salva got back a few days ago and I've not seen Loco for a while. England are more active but still 2 or 3 players havent been around. The game will have to get played when it gets played, when it suits both teams.

i understand ur idea having a team of ur best players but after all its one of the principles of a tournament to have ur players ready when the time comes (decent connection, running system etc incl.)
i mean what would u say if the WC football final was delayed by 2 months because an important player was injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.